Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is It (Film)

So was Speechless supposed to be performed? Or was Michael just randomly singing?

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    This is an incredible film and one of the most entertaining films I have ever seen. We have footage presentead as both a documentary and a concert, so we see the performances, the making of, the personality glimpses, and it's all edited so fluidly and well that I never get bored while watching this movie for a second. Saw it opening day, and again a few weeks after with friends that knew some of his material but weren't huge fans. They were all blown away. I remember seeing it opening day first showing and there being lots of women in their late 20's early 30s with custom MJ shirts, also they gave us lanyard things at the ticket booth that looked like VIP passes for a concert (still have them of course).

Anyways I love movies and I love Blu-Ray but I have watched this Blu-Ray more than any other Blu-Ray I own because it is so entertaining and never gets old for me. I watch it only once every few months but still I memorized alot of the movie and it's still fun and fresh. Considering this film was edited and printed in 2 months time, it's incredible what they were able to do. I am so happy this film exists, it is like a final MJ concert but also personal at the same time.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Like someone else said, I think the best part is just the down moments in between songs. Michael giving directions, fooling around with Kenny etc etc. How many classic Mike lines have come into circulation in the community since the film haha! "You gotta let it simmer!" "Bathe in the moonlight"

Too good!

I remember every show I went to, people laughed at Michael pausing after Travis asks him how he's going to know when his cue for Smooth Criminal was going to come. Just such an unintentially hilarious moment!! Oh boy, now I want to watch it again...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thankyoufortheparty For This Useful Post:

This Is It (08-20-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Walk View Post
    So was Speechless supposed to be performed? Or was Michael just randomly singing?
    No, it was just a little snippet that Kenny (or the editors) used as a segue into the press conference scene.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to This Is It For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (08-22-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Thriller
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Well, there are no video footage of Michael under the influence of Propofol, especially not when he's up and about. Propofol leaves no outward physical signs of abuse unlike every other drugs most are familiar with - none apart from death as this is 99% the way such abuse is uncovered. Michael's was the 1% that was the exception as he had a doctor - no one else did..
    But didn't Kenny say though during the court case that there was footage of Michael sitting down, shivering - hence why it was hard for him to go through the footage. Which surely would be an affect of the drug?

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^ Technically there is a LOT of footage of Michael under the influence of Propofol; you're right on the money with the shivering etc. Look how many layers Michael was wearing in some of the scenes; that's a direct influence of the drug. He's wearing up to three or four shirts and a heavy jacket for some songs (Earth Song, Thriller etc etc). So while he's not "out of it" or anything like that, he's obviously cold as a direct result of the drug.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thankyoufortheparty For This Useful Post:

Minimj (08-25-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    ^^ Are chills and being cold a known common side effect of propofol? I haven't heard that before, and I'm not seeing it in any of the lists of side effects that come up in a basic search. I've not dug far though so I may not have come across it yet.

I do, however, want to point out that someone being cold could also indicate... absolutely nothing. lol Every day at work I have on my shirt, a fitted fleece jacket zipped up, a second fleece jacket that isn't as fitted also zipped, PLUS a fleece blanket over my lap. Other co-workers who share the exact same office space with me are perfectly comfortable, not a bit cold, in a single shirt. Just because someone is chilled when no one else is doesn't mean they are using any kind of drug. Just want to point that out.

*tucks blanket more firmly under my legs*

~ "Life should be harmony in this world of self-destruction..." - MJ ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to krystikel For This Useful Post:

DingBat (11-15-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^ Wasn't that a major thing that came up in the case? The fact that Kenny knew Michael was sick/under the influence due to be freezing cold at rehearsals, having literal cold feet etc? And in the photos of Michael's bedroom post-death, the fire was still lit and a chair was drawn up next to it, meaning he probably slept in front of it most nights. Pretty sure that Michael wearing at least 5 layers when people even like Kenny were wearing t-shirts at rehearsals around him. It was the middle of summer too, don't forget! I definitely remember hearing that being cold was part of his body shutting down due to the abuse of the drug.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thankyoufortheparty For This Useful Post:

Minimj (08-25-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Jam2008 View Post
    I'm wondering what the original rehearsal vocals sounded like, or if there were any? Maybe he was just walking through the performances and didn't sing much. Or maybe he sounded out of breath or not good at times so they overdubbed it. I'm still wondering why they overdubbed his vocals as well.
    My guess is that Michael didn't sing that much during rehearsals so they had to overdub vocals for some of the songs. During This Is It Michael even said himself that he had to save his voice (During I'll Be There and I Just Can't Stop Loving You) and Michael didn't sing that much during the Dangerous Tour rehearsals either. Some songs he would sing and other times he would just kinda mumble the lyrics

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed-Demon For This Useful Post:

Jam2008 (08-23-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam2008 View Post
    I'm wondering what the original rehearsal vocals sounded like, or if there were any? Maybe he was just walking through the performances and didn't sing much. Or maybe he sounded out of breath or not good at times so they overdubbed it. I'm still wondering why they overdubbed his vocals as well.
    Part of me thinks that he rehearsed with the overdubbed vocals. I know he didn't do that with his past three tours, but you never know. I remember how mad he would get when he actually had to give his all (ex. I Just Can't Stop Loving You). Can't hold yourself back from the music, Mike