Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is It (Film)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I like the way MJ came across. It was very genuine. I admire how patient he was when something went wrong.

Watching this will always be a bittersweet experience because I honestly believe that these concerts would have been the best shows on earth. Ever. The costumes, the energy, the technology, all of it. I'm really glad that this film was put together. When you're watching it, you forget about his pale skin, the controversies, and all the other crap. You remember why the world fell in love with him in the first place. I recommend this to non-MJ fans who forgot how talented this man really was.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

sabe (08-19-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Watched it religiously when it came out (think I saw it at least 6 times in the cinema haha!) and in the months after, but honestly haven't touched it since. To be cliche, it's hard being reminded of what a weird year 2009 was. It's too much of a memory kickback for me.

That said, the overdubs annoy me more than anything else. I still listen to the audio of the film on my ipod that a fan put together, and it sucks hearing all this great live music and then....overdubbed vocals. Why why why! But I think I love TII version of JAM over anything else ever. Even though the vocals are from the demo (I think?).

I saw This Is It at the movies when it was released in October of '10. The day I went was Halloween-and there was actually an M.J. fan dressed as M.J. (this fan had been to the show before the one I went to so, anyway...I enjoyed the entire movie, and am glad I saw it in the theater first...I'd thought about waiting until it came to "Netflix" but decided it would be best to be with other fans since my emotions were still running high at that time. My favorite parts were when he did "Black Or White" (even if he skipped part of the song). I also really enjoyed the Jackson Five medley, although after listening to that part and then hearing him say "Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Jermaine...I love you" was particularly emotional for me (and stayed with me until the end of the movie)...I'm thankful he hadn't included 'Ben' in the medley...I would have had to leave the theater (I break down and cry every time I hear that song)
    I haven't seen This Is It since I saw it the first time...I guess I'm not ready to see it a second time...I'll just give myself time before I see it again...maybe some day...

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by thankyoufortheparty View Post
    it sucks hearing all this great live music and then....overdubbed vocals.
    I'm wondering what the original rehearsal vocals sounded like, or if there were any? Maybe he was just walking through the performances and didn't sing much. Or maybe he sounded out of breath or not good at times so they overdubbed it. I'm still wondering why they overdubbed his vocals as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

beluga2805 (08-18-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Like it's been said, the raw energy and emotion was just great. I would say my favorite non-performance part is in the pause in between Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' when Michael was addressing his band. "Ya know I'm gonna want that more, right? Chicka deh doon doon! It's... it's funkier."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

beluga2805 (08-18-2012),PrinceChristian (09-25-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Our dog was licking the screen earlier today when we were watching it. He's never done anything like that before.

One of my favorite moments of the film is Smooth Criminal...loved the new short film and concept. Michael was going to jump out of the screen and into the performance. That would have been awesome. Now I'm tempted to go to the Break O' Dawn Club...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

indigoxgranger (12-11-2015)

When i first heard [Threatened] not knowing what the song was i was like wow this sounds really awesome. two months later i heard it on invicible and flipped out becuase it was a real song and not just a instrumental in the movie. lol

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I love the little Invincible touches throughout the film. The acapella snippet of Speechless, the Threatened instrumental, the Break O'Dawn club, etc.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (08-18-2012),beluga2805 (08-22-2012),krystikel (08-19-2012),Quench (08-20-2012),the one. (08-19-2012)

I think they did a good job with TII. Actually I haven't even watched it in a long time.. my favourite part is Michael on a cherrypickeeer!! But I just love to watch Michael rehearsing, advising the team, laughing.. and the intro of Threatened..!! Sounds sooooo good I could just go listen that part to the cinema!!
    One of the times I saw it in cinema I went with a non-fan friend of mine and I was very happy she thought it was so nice as well

ps. and the shirt he used on the last day, "curls for my girls"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to the one. For This Useful Post:

Quench (08-20-2012)

I think that This Is It really gave a great glimps of Michael Jackson the person. Many non fans have said that after they saw This Is It they appreciated Michael more as a person and was amazed at how genuine and down to earth he was.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed-Demon For This Useful Post:

the one. (08-19-2012)