Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Spike Lee Bad25 Documentary (contains spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    If the extended version of this is just the extra secs in Raison Atitude, you'll know Spike Lee and the Estate are taking the damn mick...
    It's probably just an extra 10secs of Kanye West yelling "Annie are you okay?!"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moon_Walk For This Useful Post:

alexbism (06-07-2013),beluga2805 (06-02-2013),DingBat (06-02-2013),PG13 (06-02-2013),Quench (06-02-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^Or Joe "Vaguel" Vogel. *shudder*

If he's on it more...I'm not buying it. *serious face*

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (06-02-2013),Tapioca Beat (06-02-2013)

So I've just emailed the official store and asked about special features, or if they will at least detail product specs, which would seem rather obvious, but you know.. Waiting for a response now.

I don't get how people on some other fan sites are being labelled "whiners" and "complainers" for stating their disappointment for the lack of extra features or a special edition. I think that's ridiculous. Seeing other Estates going above and beyond in product releases (e.g Help! Getting. A restored Blu Ray Release, including a retrospective documentary exclusive to the Blu Ray) their really is no excuse...

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^ I agree, it doesn't make us whiners for wanting special features, but I don't understand what kind of special features people want. Spike said there would be an hour of bonus footage, which may just be added to the documentary itself (he tweeted that there would be an extended edition). The only special feature I can really think about having is more studio footage or all the Bad album videos (which would look GORGEOUS on Blu-Ray if remastered).

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^ Spike's post could have been answering yes to the Region Free quesiton the person posted, he wasn't very clear.

Had no idea that this was actually coming out on video, if there are no bonus features Im not getting it, I already paid to see it in the cinema which was great but it is not something I would watch over and over again. If there are people out there that attack others who are honest about these things than it is their problem for being unwilling to understand others opinions/criticisms.

This makes me skeptical of any bonus features though:

"@DazNEUK: @SpikeLee how long is your cut of Bad25 for the blu-ray? UK aired version was 2 hours. Also any extra's?Original Version/2 Hours
    Last edited by Nesboy43; 06-03-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^I strongly suspect what's going to be out on DVD for this is the actual UK broadcast. Why buy that when you can download and burn it for FREE??

Bonus features and new unseen footage makes sense. Wasted opportunity.

So as I stated before, I sent the store an email asking if their will be any special features; this was there response...

Hi Luke,

I've checked the Michael Jackson Global Store and it appears that the BAD 25 Documentary (Blu-ray) only includes the film.

You may check the chapters included on the disc by clicking the link below:

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/sto...25-documentary

Sincerely,

So no special features, pathetic.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moon_Walk For This Useful Post:

alexbism (06-07-2013),ChickenMcNuggets (06-04-2013),Jam2008 (06-05-2013),Nesboy43 (06-06-2013),PG13 (06-04-2013),Tapioca Beat (06-04-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    so it's official I will not buy it

my two passions together

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapioca Beat For This Useful Post:

alexbism (06-07-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Spike Lee and the Estate are idiots. I could've given them something for a special feature.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

alexbism (06-07-2013),Moon_Walk (06-04-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    ^ No Gary, a pigeon picture does not make any DVD more marketable. Just. Let. It. Go.

Doesn't look like I'll get it either... unless I see it in a bargain bin somewhere. Maybe.