Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illustrations

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Hey dudes, thought I'd share something I did for BAD25:

I've been listening to a lot of Azealia Banks lately so it may or may not be inspired by a bit of 1991....

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thankyoufortheparty For This Useful Post:

beluga2805 (09-08-2012),Bliss (12-31-2012),ChickenMcNuggets (09-07-2012),Killer Queen (09-10-2012),Lalaland (09-29-2012),Metaphor (10-18-2014),MJHHInvincible (04-07-2013),Moon_Walk (11-01-2012),MrBrightside (04-07-2013),renstimpy1 (10-18-2014),SoCav (10-15-2012),xHumanNaturex (12-04-2012)

Just liked YoungEarlGrey on Facebook. Excellent illustrations!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moon_Walk For This Useful Post:

thankyoufortheparty (11-01-2012)

5. Ahh man, your illustrations are so amazing and the ones of Ola and Michael and LMP and Michael make me feel all nostalgic, I kinda wanna cry, lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xHumanNaturex For This Useful Post:

thankyoufortheparty (04-08-2013)

Love them all. I'm a big fan of your work LOVE the Bad25 illustration.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBrightside For This Useful Post:

thankyoufortheparty (04-08-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Thanks guys! Sorry I haven't been around, but thank you so much for checking out my stuff.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    So in the last few months I have been really getting into Van Halen....even got to see them live two weeks ago! Absolutely blew me away. Eddie is a monster on stage, he has (to me) a similar relationship with the audience to Michael; that notion of, "Hey look I'm having fun! You're having fun! We're having a freaking awesome time together!" Man oh man it was just AMAZING. DLR's vocals aren't what they used to be, but he is an amazing showman none the less. Anyway, here's some Michael and Eddie pieces I did, because I couldn't resist:

Eddie and Michael are similar to me in so many ways, both onstage and off. Both very shy people, but open up completely when the spotlight is on them. And also both grew up very close to each other in California! Wonder if Michael ever dropped into a Van Halen gig back in the day...

Also I know most of us have seen this, but it begs to be posted again:

Check out their stage chemistry together! Eddie is all about facial expressions and the way they feed off each other is just amazing. I think they have way more chemistry than Michael did with Slash or any other guitarist. Which led me to do this drawing....

A big "what if" after DLR left the band in 1985

Oh and a SCREAM drawing because it's been almost four years since my last one:

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thankyoufortheparty For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (05-04-2013),Metaphor (10-18-2014),MJHHInvincible (11-04-2014),Moon_Walk (05-04-2013),MrBrightside (05-05-2013)

Eddie Van Halen was IMO the best guitarist MJ ever worked with. His natural ability and pioneering techniques, especially back in the 80's when he used turn his back on the audience when doing solos because so many others were trying to copy his style and mimic him lol. As you said, his chemistry with MJ was unique because they were similar performers. Both very shy but beasts on the stage. I'm very jealous you saw them live and also with the DLR back in the fold. Can you imagine MJ fronting Van Halen when DLR originally left back in the day or even filling in for DLR for a few shows back in the mid-80's?? That would have been absolute alchemy!! Love these latest illustrations from you Rhea! They are beautiful and gawd damn infectious. Awesome!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBrightside For This Useful Post:

thankyoufortheparty (05-06-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    These are some brilliant pieces of work. Very well done.

So nice and funny!

Nothing spectacular, but I made my signature. lol
    Its nothing like the above artwork