Thread: Michael Jackson slams The Beatles and Elvis in unearthed notes

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Michael Jackson slams The Beatles and Elvis in unearthed notes

Michael Jackson took aim at The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Bruce Springsteen in a rant about racial equality, according to unearthed notes written by the late singer.

The notes are believed to have been from 1987, and were reportedly "passed to a friend" when police were searching the singer's Neverland ranch after he was accused of child abuse in 2003.

Now their contents have been shared, with the King of Pop using the notes to vent about racism in the music business - using some of the biggest white stars of the time to make his point.

Writing that he would show Springsteen "whos boss" and prove that "Elvis is NOT King", Jackson continued of The Beatles: "Yes these guys were good, but they weren’t better singers or dancers than the blacks."

"I am not prejudice, it’s just time for the first Black King now," he added.

Insisting he wanted to "end prejudice" in the music industry, Jackson wrote: "My goal is to become so ‘Big’, so powerful. To become such a hero, to end prejudice.

"To make these little white kids love me by selling over 200,000,000 albums. Make them look up to me. I will change the world.”

In another note, attached to a newspaper clipping from June 1987 about a Ku Klux Klan march in South Carolina, Jackson commented: "I want what’s fair. I want all races to love as one."

https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/1...nearthed-notes

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    But...where's the receipts? If they're not going to show in Michael's handwriting this is true then why should we believe what this article's saying?

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    If this is true, man Michael had one big ego. But we know how the media is. Show us the facts to back up these claims.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrinvincible View Post
    If this is true, man Michael had one big ego. But we know how the media is. Show us the facts to back up these claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlovers1224 View Post
    But...where's the receipts? If they're not going to show in Michael's handwriting this is true then why should we believe what this article's saying?
    Images of the notes is widely available online and it very much looks like Michael's own handwriting. A long time friend told me they were in the Vaccaro collection several years ago now, so aren't as newly uncovered as people think.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

POF (3 Weeks Ago)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlovers1224 View Post

Last edited by POF; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:20 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to POF For This Useful Post:

toomuch (3 Weeks Ago)

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    MJ was real big on that whole law of attraction thing, huh?

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    Michael had a bigger ego than the size of my penis, then.

looks like Michaels writing, but is it?