Thread: The photoshooting for the cover of 'WHY'

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

The photoshooting for the cover of 'WHY'

These photos were really a bit odd, especially knowing that the 'Chandler' scandal was still present in heads of many people back then. Who had the idea for these kind of photos?

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Yeah but lets not forget he also did the super weird butt naked video for YANA around this time as well. Maybe it was MJs way of showing that nakedness is all natural and whatever else went through his non standard thought processes.

Back to 3T though, its always made me wonder how these kids looked so much like surgically modified Mike as the resemblance is strong which can only mean that MJ didn't really have that much knife work and the change in skintone/drop in weight is what further amplified the seeming changes.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    Yeah but lets not forget he also did the super weird butt naked video for YANA around this time as well. Maybe it was MJs way of showing that nakedness is all natural and whatever else went through his non standard thought processes.
    He did also some semi nude pics with Greg Gorman during the Bad era. The Why cover was nonetheless more than weird. The constellation MJ surrounded by his all pantless nephews was like an invitation to all haters/tabloids.

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Sometimes MJ was just straight up strange, with no reasoning, butter or hot sauce. Like the mustard was well and truly off his hotdog as he made some really, really weird decisions seemingly to do the opposite of what anyone else would.

This may be another one of them.

Might be a good idea for a thread as I've often suspected that those moments had someone in MJs camp playing the adversarial role to drive him off in a looney toons direction, as illustrated by the ever entertaining lasagna eating cat we all know and love:

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Speaking of strange MJ nakedness during this era, there was also that pic of him as a baby in the HIStory album booklet that's a little... revealing?

As already said, this was also the era of the naked YANA video, so maybe he was going through some naturist/body-positive phase at the time where he just didn't care... lol. Maybe he just thought these pics for "Why" wouldn't come across as homoerotic in the way they'd do for so many audiences now. I don't know whether there was any controversy over this at the time, but I'd imagine if he was an active artist in 2020 and released these pics now, questions would be asked for sure.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I mean I'm personally flabbergasted that people still are offended by this photo shoot when not only were the members of 3T over the age of 18 (all three were over the age of 21 at the time of this shoot fun fact),but they were also Michael's family members by blood. It would be an entirely different ball game had they been 13-16 years old and not blood related. But that's just my opinion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetlovers1224 For This Useful Post:

Vega (1 Week Ago)