Album
    Bad

Jaafar Jackson has released his first single 'Got Me Singing'

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Er..... "yay"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Hmm, someone thought it would be a good idea to lightly retread the TDCAU video but with much worse dancing linked to a very generic 00s sounding R&B beat laced with some ho hum lyrics? Instantly forgettable. This is the best they could do?

That last thread with some clips of him really gave me Cascio/Porte/Goat vibes so I'm waiting for him to roll out his best MJ impersonation/sing something with some power/emotion behind it and we'll see...

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    Hmm, someone thought it would be a good idea to lightly retread the TDCAU video but with much worse dancing linked to a very generic 00s sounding R&B beat laced with some ho hum lyrics? Instantly forgettable. This is the best they could do?

That last thread with some clips of him really gave me Cascio/Porte/Goat vibes so I'm waiting for him to roll out his best MJ impersonation/sing something with some power/emotion behind it and we'll see...
    He's in very good company then because MJ retreaded a Paul Simon video for TDCAU!

More obvious in Michael's version.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    He's in very good company then because MJ retreaded a Paul Simon video for TDCAU!

More obvious in Michael's version.
    I don't even know who Paul Simon is!

My point was that they are evidently trying to go for the "Oh look another Jackson!" vibe instead of capitalizing on what other talents Jafreezus has (if any) as an individual.

Whats so sad about this is that the kid does have a spark but it needs to be fed and honed as he needs to be surrounded by a good team of writers, producers, choreographers etc... in order to get the best out of him as this being his introduction to the world screams "low effort" by all involved and isn't a good start. The Jacksons have cash, loads of cash, so why does it seem they are cheaping out with their potential 2nd bite of the cherry because handled right this dude could actually usher in a second renaissance of R&B if presented right.

As it stands its all just too weak.

One thing I can say from the video is I can see why MJ was borderline bulimic with his quest for a dancers body as that whole long/thin dynamic really makes the moves "pop" in a way that having muscle doesn't. Not saying the kid can dance like MJ but man those Thriller era features automatically make you pull up the associations. The other dancers in the video were pretty good though and the moves were all in pocket and that made the kid look even worse!

--- Merged Posts ---

Speaking of which, I just happened to rewatch this:

And I've got to say this is the healthiest/heaviest I've ever seen MJ as he was carrying so much more mass than usual. Still moved like silk but overall the presentation was very different from his usual stick man thing.
    Last edited by toomuch; 1 Week Ago at 02:12 PM.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I actually thought the kid did a good job. These days I generally can't sit through a whole music video, but I managed to this time. To me it's Rebbie's son who does his best to pull of a Jacksons vibe. I feel like Jaafar was just being himself.