Thread: MJ and Freddie Mercury tidbit

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous

MJ and Freddie Mercury tidbit

Ignore the click bait headline which is absolutely absurd.

Here's an interesting excerpt:

"We never seemed to be in the same country long enough to actually finish anything completely. He said in another interview, He simply retreated into his own little world. We used to have great fun going to clubs together but now he wont come out of his fortress and its very sad.

And:

"Fred came out of it all a little upset because some of the stuff he did with Michael got taken over by the Jacksons and he lost out, says Brian May in Is This the Real Life."

Source: https://www.alternativenation.net/fr...-secret-death/
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (06-03-2019),toomuch (06-04-2019)

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    It so hard to imagine a happy, carefree MJ going clubbing

If you look at who/how he was around OTW era it was totally different to what he became once people well and truly lost their minds. Its almost like his humanity eroded in direct proportion to his fame increasing. I've often said that had MJ remained at a George Michael level of recognition he'd have been so much happier and we may have seen some very creative work coming from instead of always chasing the hits and in this respect History is his most honest, least chart pandering album ever due to the events surrounding its creation as MJ had been knocked off his pedestal.

Once again though, this man had such an incredibly pain filled life even though he bought joy to millions.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    It so hard to imagine a happy, carefree MJ going clubbing

If you look at who/how he was around OTW era it was totally different to what he became once people well and truly lost their minds. Its almost like his humanity eroded in direct proportion to his fame increasing. I've often said that had MJ remained at a George Michael level of recognition he'd have been so much happier and we may have seen some very creative work coming from instead of always chasing the hits and in this respect History is his most honest, least chart pandering album ever due to the events surrounding its creation as MJ had been knocked off his pedestal.

Once again though, this man had such an incredibly pain filled life even though he bought joy to millions.
    George Michael consciously knocked himself down a peg after Faith - afterall, he was bigger than Jesus (and maybe MJ) circa 1987-1989. Faith outsold Bad stateside, and the singles from it did about as good as MJ's at the time. I think he had his own reasons (being gay and into drugs at a time when both were frowned upon) for cutting off his commercial momentum, but overall his career was an interesting one with plenty of zigs and zags.

But enough about George - I do agree with you. Michael was taught from an early age to crave record sales above all else, and to always try to top whatever you did before. I think he eventually accepted that he was never going to top Thriller, but he tried for a good 20 years or so, and if there are any chinks in his artistic armor, that's probably the main one.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vega For This Useful Post:

sweetlovers1224 (06-11-2019),toomuch (06-08-2019)