Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Michael Jackson estate attacks 'lurid' documentary

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I read Dan Reed's latest in the Guardian and will likely include it in my articles as well as a couple of letters of complaint.

Dan Reed contradicted himself:

In talking about how Robson and Safechuck have no reason to lie for money, Reed briefly discusses how they'd have to win their civil lawsuits.

He states that:

"A jury would have to weigh up evidence – of which there is plenty...."

Source: Guardian newspaper Sun 10 Mar 2019

But this is directly contradicted by his much earlier interview with Billboard magazine and several other media outlets:

"In the end, there is no video of Michael Jackson abusing Wade and James. There is no cache of photographs. So what you’re doing is listening to the person and making a judgment about whether there is any truth or not.”

That was 24th January 2019.

And:

"As far as including other eyewitnesses to that, there was no one else in the room, I don't believe, when Wade was being molested by Michael or when James was having sex with Michael."

CBS FEBRUARY 26, 2019.

If there is no video, no photographs and no independent eyewitnesses, how can Dan Reed then claim there is plenty of evidence?

Dan Reed routinely employs the Poisoning The Well Fallacy in an attempt to shore up the allegations made by Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck.

He attempts to shame people who do not believe Robson or Safechuck into believing them.

Surely, if a person is being truthful on the matter, there is no need for such manipulation?
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

TommyVercetti (1 Week Ago)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by beluga2805 View Post
    It is irresponsible how the media is treating this case. A few days ago there was a podcast episode titled “Reckoning with the Real Michael Jackson” on the Daily, produced by the NYT. I couldn’t believe my eyes when my phone notified me of this episode. I can’t comment on the content as I haven’t listened to it, but the title sufficiently shows their biased stance. The reasonable move would have been to name it something more nuanced and neutral, “Is this who the real Michael Jackson was?” for instance. I expected better from one of my fav podcasts. Wtf.
    Yep, I saw that too. Didn't check out the content either.

Honestly, between this and the Grauniad giving Reed such unfiltered space to speak and Louis Theroux's reaction, a lot of people and publications I'd previously admired and had a lot of time for have disappointed me on this episode.

I mean, I'm finding myself siding here with sodding Piers Morgan. Piers. Morgan. Lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

beluga2805 (1 Week Ago),BudzMJJ (1 Week Ago),PG13 (1 Week Ago),TommyVercetti (1 Week Ago)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    You are not the only one siding with Piers Morgan.
    It's a traaaap! - Admiral Ackbar

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyVercetti For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (1 Week Ago),PG13 (1 Week Ago)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    You also have to ask why does "Leaving Neverland" purposely omit details that would obviously raise questions in the viewer’s minds regarding Robson’s and Safechuck’s motives.

Why did Robson lie, claiming under oath he had no knowledge of the Jackson estate in 2013 when, in fact, it is on record that he met with John Branca to discuss the Cirque gig in 2011?

Why do they claim that Robson’s and Safechuck’s stories are completely independent of each other, when the reality is that both have been represented by the same attorneys since 2014?

Why is Safechuck allowed to blatantly lie in the film about Jackson contacting him to defend him in 2005, when attorneys involved in the case have specifically stated that the decision was made that Safechuck’s testimony would not be needed, and that Jackson would not have been allowed to personally contact potential witnesses?

Why did early press releases attempt to hide the identities of the two men in question, even though Jackson’s family, the Estate, and fans who had followed this developing story for seven years had absolutely no doubt who the two men in question were?

Why did Wade Robson claim to the court that he could not choreograph or dance anymore whilst actively doing this?

Why did Wade Robson try to hide evidence from the court in his lawsuit against the Michael Jackson Estate?

Why did the judge have to order Robson to produce the evidence he tried to hide?

By anyone's standards, no genuine victim behaves in such a way as to repeatedly lie as well as attempt to deceive the court.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

sweetlovers1224 (1 Day Ago)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    So Al Jean from The Simpsons believes MJ used the show as a grooming tool. Think my respect for them have gone completely. I just like the show itself now. Nothing more.
    It's a traaaap! - Admiral Ackbar

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    I wish more news outlets would publish news like this:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...fTNata3pdo5VLg
    Last edited by Mrinvincible; 1 Week Ago at 04:15 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrinvincible For This Useful Post:

Man In The Mirror (1 Week Ago)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    This is an interesting read.

I was a boy in Michael Jackson’s life, and nothing of what he’s being accused of in this documentary happened
    https://talunzeitoun.com/2019/01/30/...ackson-and-me/

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POF For This Useful Post:

Man In The Mirror (1 Week Ago),PG13 (1 Week Ago),sweetlovers1224 (1 Day Ago)

14. I have no time, and as some might have noticed, didn't really care much about this mockumentary. But I'll do just a little myself to right the wrong and let mankind use its combined brainpower and proper education.

I will expand and collect some information for everyone to read here:
    Dan Reed CAUGHT LYING
    Making liars look credible via populated mockumentary - a crime towards mankind's real victims

Nothing special, really.

If anyone wants to post the already available and collected info - preferably with quotes / sources (links/documents/screenshots etc.), just write me a PM.
    In order to have the MJ haters and those who have fallen for Reed's/Robson's/Safechuck's lies out of this subreddit, I made it restricted, so I'll only add those who care for hard facts and objective information aka the well-informed ladies and gentlemen which you'd find on MJ forums sometimes as far as I have heard. xD

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Korgnex For This Useful Post:

sweetlovers1224 (1 Day Ago)