Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was LA Reid really the one who decided the tracklist?

Why didnt we get film masters?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyjeanplxiv View Post
    Why didnt we get film masters?
    I believe they were more occupied in putting a reasonably priced compilation using the standard definition versions that people are accustomed to

A possible reason could be they don't see the point in putting a sizable amount of money into restoring/remastering music videos.

Tbh, yeah, I think LA Reid hand picked all the songs. I don't think he went through all of MJ's vault to pick out all the songs; I think just a select number of songs were presented to him and he chose them.
    Last edited by Universe; 1 Week Ago at 12:13 PM.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    According to Damien Shields, the Estate (namely archivist Karen Langford) has gone on record in their IRS case to claim that there is no music left to release.
    Are the douchbags aware of what exactly lies within the vault?

Some of Michaels former collaborators (e.g. Matt Forger, John Barnes) have stated that most of the songs do exist in a non-mixed state - meaning they're divided onto several different reels. In some cases even additional hardware (e.g. synthesizer) is needed to be connected through in order to playback the songs in their entirety.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    Are the douchbags aware of what exactly lies within the vault?

Some of Michaels former collaborators (e.g. Matt Forger, John Barnes) have stated that most of the songs do exist in a non-mixed state - meaning they're divided onto several different reels. In some cases even additional hardware (e.g. synthesizer) is needed to be connected through in order to playback the songs in their entirety.
    Oh god we'll never hear any of it hahah. The estate couldn't even be bothered to mix some songs for the Xscape deluxe edition never mind putting actual effort into assembling tracks.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

POF (1 Week Ago)