Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Jackson and Prince call for release of collaborations from beyond the grave

As great as the idea of both Prince and Michael having sung and recorded together would have been, the story of taking the word of a psychic over finding out the TRUTH (that they had never, ever actually sung together at all) is a bunch of nonsense. Why believe in such foolishness? There is absolutely no such thing as any person “communicating beyond the grave.” People will believe just about any story the media “feeds” them — no matter how ridiculous, outrageous and/or false it is — until and unless they are shown the FACTS behind a particular story. What do any one of you think, concerning this? I would like to know.
    Last edited by DDFF22552255; 04-23-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    The fact is they never recorded anything together. They were gonna record bad together but Prince said he didn't feel he needed to be on it.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    The fact is they never recorded anything together. They were gonna record “BAD” together, but Prince said he didn’t feel he needed to be on it.
    I agree with what you’re saying, S.G. Also, Prince once told Chris Rock (in an interview that’s still up on “YouTube,” I believe, if the Video hadn’t been taken down and removed) that he wasn’t going to be singing the opening line of the lyrics to the song, “BAD.” He asked Chris Rock, “Who’s gonna be singing it to whom?,” and then, he told him (as if he were talking to Michael), ‘You ain’t singing that to me, and I sure ain’t singing that to you!!!’ And, I think he didn’t want to end up in a Video where Michael probably would have upstaged him, so to speak. What do you think of that interview, S.G.? I would like to know.

https://youtu.be/xvBrAe4_eTs

We know that they were both very competitive, and yet, they each had a lot of respect for one another. If I may go a little bit off-topic, here, (Sorry, forgive me for this.) I would like your personal opinion of the song, “My Name is Prince,” from his 1993 “Symbol” album. Do you think the lyrics to it sort of answered — albeit years later, at that point — what he really thought about Michael, and why the two of them never recorded anything together at all? There was no so-called “rivalry” between these two; The media’s stories only played up that idea for publicity purposes, to make it seem like there was, at that time, don’t you think so?

My Name is Prince

https://youtu.be/w0g9Qkrc8nE
    Last edited by DDFF22552255; 04-27-2018 at 11:48 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DDFF22552255 For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (04-27-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    It all seems pretty simple to me - two of the biggest artists in their respective genre, who are competing over sales, chart success, publicity, and, you know, actual artistic merit aren't going to do a song together (let alone a song like Bad, which is a bit too camp and put-on for someone like Prince).

You won't see Beyonce & Taylor Swift making songs together today, and you wouldn't have seen Prince & Michael Jackson collaborating.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vega For This Useful Post:

DDFF22552255 (04-27-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by DDFF22552255 View Post
    I agree with what you’re saying, S.G. Also, Prince once told Chris Rock (in an interview that’s still up on “YouTube,” I believe, if the Video hadn’t been taken down and removed) that he wasn’t going to be singing the opening line of the lyrics to the song, “BAD.” He asked Chris Rock, “Who’s gonna be singing it to whom?,” and then, he told him (as if he were talking to Michael), ‘You ain’t singing that to me, and I sure ain’t singing that to you!!!’ And, I think he didn’t want to end up in a Video where Michael probably would have upstaged him, so to speak. What do you think of that interview, S.G.? I would like to know.

https://youtu.be/xvBrAe4_eTs

We know that they were both very competitive, and yet, they each had a lot of respect for one another. If I may go a little bit off-topic, here, (Sorry, forgive me for this.) I would like your personal opinion of the song, “My Name is Prince,” from his 1993 “Symbol” album. Do you think the lyrics to it sort of answered — albeit years later, at that point — what he really thought about Michael, and why the two of them never recorded anything together at all? There was no so-called “rivalry” between these two; The media’s stories only played up that idea for publicity purposes, to make it seem like there was, at that time, don’t you think so?

My Name is Prince

https://youtu.be/w0g9Qkrc8nE
    Prince definitely had respect. He said that bad was good enough without him and that it was going to be a hit either way. . Also I think that the lyrics turned him off from the song in general, which is fine. It definitely works as a solo song. I understand why he wouldn't want to be involved if he couldn't contribute anything.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

DDFF22552255 (05-02-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Beside of MJ & Prince, a MJ & Boy George collaboration would have been interesting imo. Had MJ ever tried to contact Boy George or vice versa?

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    Beside of MJ & Prince, a MJ & Boy George collaboration would have been interesting imo. Had MJ ever tried to contact Boy George or vice versa?
    Nah. Boy George is pretty naft. Might as well cut to the best George of the 80s with George Michael, who, as has been posted on here, did meet with Michael J. about recording together.