Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Audio Documentary of Michaelís career between 1988 and 1993

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Aww... You guys!

actually I'd like to offer this rose in exchange for your little kitten

Last edited by POF; 04-09-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Currently listening to this right now.

Finally, I've listened to what "Man In Black" sounds like. First heard about the song in 2008, so I've been waiting 10 years now. Unsurprisingly, it's trash, but it's still good to finally hear it, lol.

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Currently listening to this right now.

Finally, I've listened to what "Man In Black" sounds like. First heard about the song in 2008, so I've been waiting 10 years now. Unsurprisingly, it's trash, but it's still good to finally hear it, lol.

I heard that it was going to be featured as one of the tracks for the ''Men in Black'' soundtrack. I can hear why it wasn't included. It sounds pretty average.
    And imo a lot of Michaels unreleased songs are just that. Also, is it really ''Man in Black'' or is it ''Men in Black'' ? Surely it's ''Men'' since that's what he's saying.
    Either way I think this'll just be one of those songs I can hear a few times and move on from. I can't really trash it when it's in ****ty recording quality.
    But from what I can hear, it sounds pretty average, like I said.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    I think it's let down by it's quality. If you hear a clearer version, you'll undoubtedly love the background vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinvincible View Post
    I heard that it was going to be featured as one of the tracks for the ''Men in Black'' soundtrack. I can hear why it wasn't included. It sounds pretty average.
    And imo a lot of Michaels unreleased songs are just that. Also, is it really ''Man in Black'' or is it ''Men in Black'' ? Surely it's ''Men'' since that's what he's saying.
    It's very unlikely it would have been considered for the Men In Black OST. Especially given that it was never finished and there's no reason to believe Michael went back to finish it post-1990.

Also, he's saying "I want the man".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (04-11-2018)

All of the songs Bryan Loren worked on with MJ that have been released/leaked so far are pretty weak.

Loren worked on some of "Black Or White", iirc, which is also a weak song, imho. You can hear some of his influence on it.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Loren worked on some of "Black Or White", iirc, which is also a weak song, imho. You can hear some of his influence on it.
    Bryan Loren played the synth bass on Black or White. That's it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

PG13 (04-17-2018)

A lot of the beats are similar to a Loren track, though.

Also, were "For All Time" and "Someone Put Your Hand Out" basically completed before Dangerous was released and they were only remastered/remixed when they were released after the album? I couldn't hear a lot of stuff in the documentary because of the music, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Bryan Loren played the synth bass on Black or White. That's it.
    He also says he wrote the rap, not Bill Bottrell....

But didn't he also say "Bill Bottrell doesn't exist"? lol

--- Merged Posts ---

A lot of the beats are similar to a Loren track, though.

Also, were "For All Time" and "Someone Put Your Hand Out" basically completed before Dangerous was released and they were only remastered/remixed when they were released after the album? I couldn't hear a lot of stuff in the documentary because of the music, lol.
    Yeah he finished For All Time for Thriller 25 and SPYHO was completed in April 92

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaywonder For This Useful Post:

DingBat (04-14-2018),PG13 (04-17-2018)