Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Jackson Estate, Sony Music Extend Partnership for Recordings

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    The people involved in the estate are simply interested in the money they can claim from their association and thus the aim is not to rock the boat, keep the royalties and licensing fees coming in as they sail around on yachts in the south of France at "corporate strategy meetings" and MJ foots the bill.

In my experience there has not been one estate of a deceased artist that has been handled correctly as they themselves had to contend with these vultures whilst living and could by force of personality ensure their perspective at least stood a fighting chance but now they're gone all that remains is the bones that they stay asteady picking. Lets not forget these are the same clowns that actually sat there with straight faces and said that "the Michael album contains songs recorded and verified to be Michael Jackson" as that speaks volumes on their integrity.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    The people involved in the estate are simply interested in the money they can claim from their association and thus the aim is not to rock the boat, keep the royalties and licensing fees coming in as they sail around on yachts in the south of France at "corporate strategy meetings" and MJ foots the bill.

In my experience there has not been one estate of a deceased artist that has been handled correctly as they themselves had to contend with these vultures whilst living and could by force of personality ensure their perspective at least stood a fighting chance but now they're gone all that remains is the bones that they stay asteady picking. Lets not forget these are the same clowns that actually sat there with straight faces and said that "the Michael album contains songs recorded and verified to be Michael Jackson" as that speaks volumes on their integrity.
    Have any source for that, or is it just made up for rhetorical effect (like most of what you post)?

Michael picked both of his executors personally, and devised the will to give them the control he viewed as appropriate. They get a flat salary and a % of profits - which is how it works, and has worked for many years when a musician dies.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    The will was drawn up before Michael fired Branca for being a two face scum bag. He should not be anywhere near the MJ estate. And the other one is so out of touch with current trends it's like your granddad writing pop songs for teenagers. They need to go.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

toomuch (12-24-2017),TroubleMan84 (12-23-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesboy43 View Post
    Weren’t his children supposed to have taken over by now?
    They gotta wait until 2023 for Bigi/Blanket/Prince Michael II.

--- Merged Posts ---

Quote Originally Posted by BudzMJJ View Post
    The will was drawn up before Michael fired Branca for being a two face scum bag. He should not be anywhere near the MJ estate. And the other one is so out of touch with current trends it's like your granddad writing pop songs for teenagers. They need to go.
    That's what is so troubling about the estate. MJ didn't get a chance to rewrite it. When did he write it again? I forget.
    I was a king under your control...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TroubleMan84 For This Useful Post:

toomuch (12-24-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I think it was drawn up in 2007. There are claims he wrote another after Branca was fired. But most of those claims come from members of the Jackson family, pissed off cos they didn't get anything. So can't really trust their word.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Ah OK. I see. 2007 lol

Yeah I don't believe he wrote another one. The Jackson family only mad Michael didn't trust them with money (with VERY GOOD REASON lol).
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Have any source for that, or is it just made up for rhetorical effect (like most of what you post)?

Michael picked both of his executors personally, and devised the will to give them the control he viewed as appropriate. They get a flat salary and a % of profits - which is how it works, and has worked for many years when a musician dies.
    Thats right.
    Last edited by toomuch; 12-24-2017 at 09:56 AM.