Thread: I love the live version......favorite song on the BAD LP.....

Talking I love the live version......favorite song on the BAD LP.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Another Part of Me For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (10-12-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    APOM,

I think the camera work showing off his spins and head rolls is just amazing in this version(also color and contrast was great)...I do certainly take notice of the first chorus at just how raw his voice was...Do you happen to hear it? I love this version but I find myself forgoing the crowd shots for the London one...Again though the way the camera work is done it really shows off just little bits of his body moving just so slick, smooth and fast.(how many revolutions does this man do again during his spins?)

One thing about MJ though he was the type of dancer that was just so good a simple long pan of his whole body of still no movement camera work was divine anytime, unlike most pop dancers that need the quick cut work to make it seem like the are better dancers than they are..(Usher,Timberlake,Brown,Spears, pretty much all of em and yeah I am old and tend not to listen or watch the VERY new peeps)

So yes LOVE THIS VERSION adore the sound of his voice cracking, head rolls and James Brown feet...Not to mention the overall excitement of the times (damn I miss those days) it captures well.

APOM, MITM,SC,SD,DD top songs in that order on Bad are faves. Only listen to live MJ these days to get my fix most of the time. When I mean live I mean Bad tour and prior (and I am fully aware that MITM SD and SC were never done fully live but for MSG SC and SD never)

Dani
    Last edited by Danileevan; 10-12-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    "Take my message to your brother and tell em twice"

"Dancing the Dream"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danileevan For This Useful Post:

Just Another Part of Me (10-12-2017),Vega (10-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Danileevan View Post
    APOM,

I think the camera work showing off his spins and head rolls is just amazing in this version(also color and contrast was great)...I do certainly take notice of the first chorus at just how raw his voice was...Do you happen to hear it? I love this version but I find myself forgoing the crowd shots for the London one...Again though the way the camera work is done it really shows off just little bits of his body moving just so slick, smooth and fast.(how many revolutions does this man do again during his spins?)

One thing about MJ though he was the type of dancer that was just so good a simple long pan of his whole body of still no movement camera work was divine anytime, unlike most pop dancers that need the quick cut work to make it seem like the are better dancers than they are..(Usher,Timberlake,Brown,Spears, pretty much all of em and yeah I am old and tend not to listen or watch the VERY new peeps)

So yes LOVE THIS VERSION adore the sound of his voice cracking, head rolls and James Brown feet...Not to mention the overall excitement of the times (damn I miss those days) it captures well.

APOM, MITM,SC,SD,DD top songs in that order on Bad are faves. Only listen to live MJ these days to get my fix most of the time. When I mean live I mean Bad tour and prior (and I am fully aware that MITM SD and SC were never done fully live but for MSG SC and SD never)

Dani
    I definitely heard the way his voice sounded in the opening verse......

This was a situation where the live performance of a song was better than any video that could have been thought of....

or I should say, this song was better suited for a live performance to be used for a video presentation...

Just the whole vibe was great, and the music there was awesome...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Another Part of Me For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (10-16-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Boy took em to church on this one. Lawdamercy!

One thing I did wonder about pronoun switch up in the lyrics going from we to me, what was that all about?