Thread: Favorite modern MJ style singer?

Favorite modern MJ style singer?

When it comes to R&B-influenced pop music, MJ's the go-to guy for influence. Singers like Justin Timberlake, Usher, Chris Brown, Bruno Mars, and most recently, The Weeknd all have at least some MJ influence in their vocals. Which one of these singers would you consider to be your favorite? JT's my fav, followed by Usher. Don't really care for the other guys, but they all have at least some songs I like.

Also, feel free to post any other MJ influenced singers, fam.
    Last edited by Universe; 09-30-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Bruno, I guess, followed by Usher. Along with Pharrell for that somewhat OTW/Thriller-esque late '70s/early '80s production sound.

Pharrell's better off with producing and songwriting, imho. I don't think he's that good at singing.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Michael Jackson. The rest are just wannbes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (09-30-2017),toomuch (10-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BudzMJJ View Post
    Michael Jackson. The rest are just wannbes.
    Nothing wrong with taking influence from MJ. Shouldn't you also be calling MJ a James Brown or a Diana Ross wannabe?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Universe For This Useful Post:

Mrinvincible (09-30-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Nothing wrong with taking influence from MJ. Shouldn't you also be calling MJ a James Brown or a Diana Ross wannabe?
    I wouldn't even bother going there, man. Anyone who takes inspiration from someone else is called a wannabe, even if they have their own style and voice.
    When it comes to the dance moves and having similar beats, they're labelled a wannabe right off the bat. I don't get it really.
    I sometimes dance like Michael, so am I a wannabe as well? Lol.
    But it's funny really because fans will call those that have taking inspiration from Michael a wannabe, yet they do all the dance moves themselves and A LOT try to sing like him.
    So, they can do all that but to themselves they don't think they're being a wannabe, ah? And all of those you mentioned I can't even... They ain't wannabes at all.
    Inspired by Michael? Yes. Wannabes? Nope. All have their own tone of voice and singing. And you're right with what you said.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrinvincible For This Useful Post:

Universe (09-30-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Bruno. No one comes close.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Ain't nobody got nothin on MJ and probably never will not in our lifetime...He had a gift that was breathtaking to behold.....Number one stunna in all thangs..A bring you to your knees and punch you in the gut at the same time type of man that is a once in a lifetime event....Behold Be still and know I am KANG

Hall of fame...Montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh8JrH0Bxqs
    Last edited by Danileevan; 02-05-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    "Take my message to your brother and tell em twice"

"Dancing the Dream"