Thread: Anyone think these are real..Ebay Bad session tapes 30g

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Anyone think these are real..Ebay Bad session tapes 30g

I doubt this is anything but a scam...No returns or exchange...If these were real it would be a hell of a find. Session tapes with Q Bruce and MJ talking and trying out different sounds for songs of course "never heard before" I wonder if they will indeed get the 50g they are claiming it is worth..

Who would purchase these without even hearing them? This is the second time I have found bad session tapes going for over 30g on ebay in the last 6 months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ONE-OF-A-KIN...kAAOSwxzBZoJP5

MICHAEL JACKSON "BAD" ALBUM

This is a private collection of ORIGINAL Studio Recorded Session Tapes used by the engineers that worked on the album BAD. There are samples for how the album and songs will be arranged, lots of talking between takes (Michael and Quincy and Bruce Swedien) and a few tapes that were sent to MJ to listen to synth samples and mixes that would be options for the final production album. There are some cuts of unreleased songs and versions never heard before. It includes personal messages to the engineer, lots of conversational banter between takes and individual recordings of performers on tracks used in the final production.

THIS IS A SUPER RARE ONE OF A KIND NEVER BEFORE AVAILABLE COLLECTION.

It is not just a bunch of tapes someone made. These tapes were made by the engineers who actually worked on the album. You will never see anything like this ever again. NO COPIES WERE EVER MADE of these tapes and we will not be keeping any. It will remain intact.

25 CASSETTE TAPES AND 1 DAT TAPE IN THE COLLECTION (tape # 10 is on the engineers legend, but was not in the case)

We will NOT be selling individual tapes, this is a complete "slice of time" a true piece of art, and selling parts of this collection would be like cutting up the Mona Lisa and selling just the lips. You just don't do that.

It has been in the hands of the current collector since the early 90s, stored in a dry, climate controlled environment.

IF YOU COLLECT MJ MATERIAL, this would be your CROWN item.

Originally listed in 2006 and value at the time was about $100,000.00 We are expecting it to sell for around $50K, Opening bid $30K. Happy Bidding and we hope to find a buyer who will cherish this item for what it is.

Dani
    Last edited by Danileevan; 09-22-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    "Take my message to your brother and tell em twice"

"Dancing the Dream"

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    For what it's worth, the seller does have 100% positive feedback over the past 14 years.

It almost certainly isn't a scam, but what is "rare" or "never heard before" to the folks selling it isn't necessarily the same to a die hard fan who has heard at least half of that collection already. This auction was being discussed in the "Unreleased Music" thread, and it seems the real prize and bounty in this is the 1987 Rod Temperton penned "Groove of Midnight", which has never seen the light of day in it's entirety and in high quality.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vega For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (09-22-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Vega,

Thank you...Yes by scam I meant probably heard before...Though for myself I do not believe I have heard anything on these tapes, I cannot read the list they have of the songs to make sure. Where is this thread of unreleased music?

Dani
    Last edited by Danileevan; 09-22-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    "Take my message to your brother and tell em twice"

"Dancing the Dream"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Danileevan For This Useful Post:

Vega (09-23-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Danileevan View Post
    Vega,

Thank you...Yes by scam I meant probably heard before...Though for myself I do not believe I have heard anything on these tapes, I cannot read the list they have of the songs to make sure. Where is this thread of unreleased music?

Dani
    Right here.

http://historycontinues.com/forums/s...-Music/page104

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vega For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (09-23-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    and it seems the real prize and bounty in this is the 1987 Rod Temperton penned "Groove of Midnight", which has never seen the light of day in it's entirety and in high quality.
    During the BAD sessions, Michael Jackson considered many songs that finally were discarded. Songwriter Rod Temperton, who was part of the A-Team behind Off the Wall and Thriller, submitted a few songs for BAD, one of them being Groove of Midnight. This song was eventually recorded by Siedah Garrett and was released on her debut album KISS of Life on Qwest Records (1988). “Rod Temperton had some songs”, remembers Matt Forger. “Quincy asked him to have songs ready. Groove of Midnight is one of these songs. However we searched and we could not find a version with Michael’s vocals. It wasn’t a song that they considered for the BAD album eventually”.

Should I buy these tapes? I could resell them to the estate.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POF For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (09-23-2017),MJ_fanboi (09-25-2017)