Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if Michael Had a Deeper Voice?

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by DDFF22552255 View Post

Love it! Why in the world did he not sing like that on his records?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

DDFF22552255 (11-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jam2008 View Post
    Love it! Why in the world did he not sing like that on his records?
    WOW!!! Me too, Jam, so do I. Just imagine what Michael could have done with his voice, if he had shown his possible potential of his vocal abilities to the fullest, and maybe have sounded similar to the following people’s singing-voices, as these Videos show, here:

By “sounding similar,” I am only referring to the pitch, the timbre, the Vocal Range, the result of an extensive amount of formal training each of these singers went through in their careers, to even get their voices to do such difficult singing (as Michael would have had to undergo, himself, as well), and the ability to sing in the Classical/Operatic genre. I’m NOT saying that Michael wasn’t well-trained; He certainly was (with one of THE best voice teachers ever to have trained him), for the style and genre of music he mainly sang, what he was associated with and mostly known for. Do you understand what I mean?

By the way, Jam, what (Or, should I more correctly ask: “Whose voice in it?”) do the following Video “Opera” segments remind us of? Someone whose singing-voice we are SO obviously familiar with, whose voice we remember, know and love....perhaps? On the whole, your comments are mainly positive, and I agree with them.

What do you think of these segments, Jam, and do you agree with my point, here? I would like to know.
    Last edited by DDFF22552255; 11-13-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Is this the only public event where MJ (as an adult) had used probably unconsciously his natural voice? That very brief moment @ around 3:08 where MJ was saying"Hello, uhm ..." sounds more natural than for instance his deep voice speech @ the o2 press conference (2009 this is it).

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    See that right there? If MJ had busted out that baritone all the time his mystique would be nowhere near the same as it just doesn't jam with his whole "I am Peter Pan" slash Captain Androgynous covered in sequins vibe.

If anything it shows how shrewd and calculating MJ was when it came to the business and differentiating himself in a crowded market thanks to his theatrics as he definitely made his life the greatest show on Earth.

Can you imagine how people would freak out now if some extended footage of Mike speaking in a regular register popped up? They woudn't believe it was real because they are so used to the dog whistle whisper.

I’m glad that this thread is still up. But, my views have NOT changed. I will always believe —— and, stand by my opinion —— that his voice, whether used for singing or for speech, was 100% genuine and completely REAL. Absolutely NOTHING about it was ever “faked” nor “put-on,” no matter what others have said (and, continue to say) over the course of so many years. To me, Michael’s voice just simply was the way it was, which I fully accept as such, and it was BEAUTIFUL….PERIOD.
    Last edited by DDFF22552255; 2 Days Ago at 05:28 AM.