Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Scream (New MJ Album)

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Found out about this relatively recently. Obvious cash grab, but they could have done a much better job with the tracklist. "Unbreakable", "Scream", "This Place Hotel", "Dirty Diana" and
    "Dangerous" have no place on what's supposed to be a scary-themed album. I would have just included:

1. "Thriller" (2003 Edit)
    2. "Somebody's Watching Me"
    3. "Torture"
    4. "Smooth Criminal"
    5. "Blood On The Dance Floor"
    6. "Ghosts"
    7. "Is It Scary"
    8. "Threatened"
    9. "Shout"
    10. Megamix track

And I'd rename it to Is It Scary or Shout.
    What???? They aren't even scary-themed songs.

But anyway, I'm over this album. The only song I care to listen to once putting in the CD is ''Blood on the Dance Floor X Dangerous''.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Found out about this relatively recently. Obvious cash grab, but they could have done a much better job with the tracklist. "Unbreakable", "Scream", "This Place Hotel", "Dirty Diana" and "Dangerous" have no place on what's supposed to be a scary-themed album. I would have just included:

1. "Thriller" (2003 Edit)
    3. "Torture"
    4. "Smooth Criminal"
    5. "Blood On The Dance Floor"
    6. "Ghosts"
    7. "Is It Scary"
    8. "Threatened"
    9. "Shout"
    10. Megamix track

And I'd rename it to Is It Scary or Shout.
    I agree with all but "Heartbreak Hotel." It's not as straightforwardly horror-centric as the other titles, but it works well enough given its soundscape.

"Blood on the Dance Floor," "Smooth Criminal" and "Shout" would stand out just as much, if not more, than the tracks you withdrew. On a Halloween themed album, the songs should offer something undeniably Gothic in the lyricism or production values. A case could possibly be made for "Blood on the Dance Floor," but "Smooth Criminal" and "Shout" simply wouldn't work.

The only songs that could pass the buck as far as I'm concerned are:

1. "Thriller"
    3. "Torture"
    4. "Ghosts"
    5. "Heartbreak Hotel"
    6. "Is It Scary"
    7. "Threatened"
    8. "Blood on the Dance Floor x Dangerous"

"Blood On The Dance Floor" is lyrically about a woman being out to kill someone and "Smooth Criminal" is lyrically about a woman getting murdered by a criminal. I think they're certainly "scary" enough to be included on what's supposed to be a "scary" themed album. As for "Shout", I think it'd fit; the lyrical subject matter (basically, how society has destroyed itself), the distorted vocals and chaotic production give off a scary enough vibe, imho.

"This Place Hotel"? Other than LaToya screaming at the start of the song, I don't really see how it could pass as "scary".