Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has seen Jan live???

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Who has seen Jan live???

Janet is coming through my neck of the woods in the fall (she canceled due to being preggos last year)

I have heard she is OK but not really good while live. I would like some input from anyone who has ever seen her even way back when..Does she bother to even sing? Does she do "discipline" every damn show?

Remember my husband would be coming with me and he is a dyed in the wool Floyd, Marley and Stones fan but flatters me when It comes to taking me to the One show or watching MJ live on DVD with me...He will do a Janet show if he is legitimately stoned enough.. But if she half asses it I do not want to be bored and have him playing his Iphone games as these seats are not cheap.

Is she say even 5 out of 10??

Any info I would love. As I will be buying these tickets in the next few days. (If I bother.)

So fess up, anyone who has seen the woman???

Dani
    "Take my message to your brother and tell em twice"

"Dancing the Dream"

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    I have seen her. No, she doesn't sing live, but she dances her ass off. Not to mention, she has a very special energy that I can't quite describe.

Given how cheap I've seen the tickets in America, I'd leap at the opportunity.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (08-31-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Dingbat, (or anyone else of course)

What exactly would be considered a "cheap" Ticket price in the UK? I am going to drop about 250 for each ticket, is that considered high or low for you guys say at say wembley arena? I did see some 30 dollar seats and maybe that is what is considered the low end cheap seats but they do not look very fun to be located in...

Hubby knows talent when he hears and sees it, (he thinks MJ was one of the most talented men in music) but that does not mean he likes the style..So based on your thoughts here(and few others on the net) I am buying those tickets this evening hoping Janets talent will be enough to hook hubby to the show and keep him from zoning out ..So thankie.

PS. On the energy would you call it a "Jackson family trait" type of energy or something unique just to Janet?

Dani

"Dancing the Dream"

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Danileevan View Post
    Dingbat, (or anyone else of course)

What exactly would be considered a "cheap" Ticket price in the UK? I am going to drop about 250 for each ticket, is that considered high or low for you guys say at say wembley arena?
    I'm in Australia. I paid $260 to see her - and those were the cheapest tickets.

I've seen Janet tickets on Groupon in US for like $50?

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I actually have seen her twice - on the Rhythm Nation Tour in 1990 (which I recall costed me an insane amount via a scalper), and then more recently the 'Up Close and Personal' concerts that she did in 2011 (which were sung entirely live). Which kind of gave me a unique perspective, seeing her 20 years apart.

But yes, she puts on a good show. The Rhythm Nation Tour was entirely about the dancing, which was incredible to me at the time, with all of the vocals lip synced. Polar opposite for when I saw her in 2011, though. The dancing was down played and she sang, at least to my ears and several major music critics, entirely live, which was very good and unexpected. I imagine since this is a continuation of her last big tour, she'll be miming most of the time, but the dancing will be great. I would defintly get tickets if she is coming near you, and you can get them for a quasi-reasonable price.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    ]Polar opposite for when I saw her in 2011, though. The dancing was down played and she sang, at least to my ears and several major music critics, entirely live, which was very good and unexpected.
    Literally none of the UCAP tour was sung live.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Ding,

I have seen some tickets for 30 bucks so yes some are cheap you are right... 260 was the cheapest available for you? Insane. I believe the most exp tickets at least in my town is a vip box with a backstage meet and greet for about a 1,500-2,500 which is not that bad tbh. Something like that in Aussie must have cost double or even more.

For 250 did you at least get a decent seat or were you in the nosebleeds? Strange that she would charge as little as 30 bucks for Americans but milk other countries dry.

Vega thanks for the input

Dani
    Last edited by Danileevan; 09-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.

"Dancing the Dream"

I'm thinking of seeing her new show too, feel like this may be my last chance since she's getting older. Heard she's lost a major amount of weight in preparation for her new tour. That being said, i'm not huge on Janet's music though I do like stuff from Rhythm Nation and janet. I think a part of me just wants to say I saw a Jackson live

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonwalker94 For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (09-02-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Janet turns grown men into whimpering babies when she gives them the lap dances. These videos are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqHx...ature=youtu.be

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (09-02-2017),Danileevan (09-02-2017),Moonwalker94 (09-02-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Went to Jans Show last night...

It was great fun...As Dingbat said the energy from her was awesome.

She did dance her ass off of course..

One thing that did surprise me...She sang live A LOT...Not the super uptempo songs but she sang many whole sets live. ..Her voice was not very good at all during the live parts, pretty horrible in some..It hardly mattered though as I am a person that could care less how good a persons voice is as long as the try and sing live that is all that matters to me....She probably sang about 60 percent maybe even a bit more.

The crowd was great...Energy 10
    Janets show 8

Overall happy I went. Husband was dancing and screaming the whole time as well which goes to show even a non fan was swept up in the excitement and energy of of the show.

She did do a segment that was SO much like MJs...She pretend cried just like he would after SOOML.. The crowd LOVED it and just totally ate it up probably the loudest screaming and cheering of the evening. The Jackson drama/theatrics at it's finest

Dani
    Last edited by Danileevan; 09-30-2017 at 10:28 PM.

"Dancing the Dream"

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danileevan For This Useful Post:

DingBat (10-02-2017),sweetlovers1224 (10-04-2017),Vega (09-29-2017)