Thread: Should I start an MJ blog?

Lightbulb Should I start an MJ blog?

I've been chatting a lot with my partner-in-(smooth)-crime Dani, and I've been bouncing off of her the idea of starting an MJ blog, as I feel most fan blogs do not express my views, and are even hostile to some of my views. I've been studying Michael's life as a mere enthusiast by reading everything I could get my hands on about him for about a decade, and while of course I can't honestly say I know for sure, my over-arching thesis or theory about his life is that he was more than likely Asexual, Autistic, and had some mental issues, but was ultimately not a bad person. While many stanny blogs portray Michael as some wise sage we should all follow, I think he was actually more of a lost, foolish, deeply insecure soul who generally meant well but kept making stupid mistake after stupid mistake because he couldn't deal with his issues properly. So if I go ahead and start a blog, it will not be a blog that depicts Michael as a flawless god by any means, but I will analyze his life and choices through the lens of asexuality, autism, and mental illness. I am certainly not without my own biases, as I have for years identified deeply with him in spite of, and sometimes even because of, his flaws, seeing in even some of his worst mistakes aspects of my own flawed nature as a human being navigating life on the autism spectrum and other issues, although I realize that projecting myself on him isn't always healthy.
    What do you guys think? Would you read such a blog?
    Last edited by Kae-Leah; 06-04-2017 at 08:02 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kae-Leah For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (06-05-2017),nhollandbren (09-09-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Yes Kae,

You already know my answer, the more information and different views out there to offer folks coming online to research the better. No matter the topic, but the ones you have discussed with me at least are really good ideas..Just do not be surprised if radicals and MJ religious/cult zealots storm the comments sections, because they most certainly will, they can smell anything the slightest bit critical or different said about Mj from hundreds of miles away, they are like sharks on blood hehe.. Just make sure you do not buckle under those strong arm tactics becasue they will more than likely be used against you..If you can take the heat, of course do it!

Make sure you drop the link here and "gasps" at other forums to get the word out Though you will become a heretic overnight for sure.

Dani
    "Take my message to your brother and tell em twice"

"Dancing the Dream"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Danileevan For This Useful Post:

Kae-Leah (06-05-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    I think you should follow your dreams.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Kae-Leah (06-13-2017),nhollandbren (09-09-2017)

I've been testing the proverbial waters by having a blog here in the blog section of this site, but I realize that's not the same as a say Wordpress site as it only reaches the small subset of MJ fans who frequent this forum. In any case, I've been enjoying writing about some of the topics that are on the forefront of my mind. I've done a series posts with the title "Michael and Me" talking about stuff I suspected I had in common with him, such as an autism spectrum disorder, asexuality, and the next one will be about analyzing him through the lens of the Virgo sign we both share, even though I don't usually take astrology very seriously, it's pretty interesting how in some ways Michael was something of a textbook Virgo.