Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Proposed Estate Projects

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    You can criticize Zuccarelli's claims all you want, and I would agree with most - but the recording for Holophonics/ whatever binural process did make a difference in the sound recording. You cannot remove this and then claim they're the original mixes.

Monster Cable claimed it improved digital sound recording when it didn't. That's as much or even moreso a con as the bull**** Zuccarelli claimed and just as discredited.
    Zuccarelli's holophonics nonsense was only used for certain sound EFFECTS on selected songs. It was NOT used for the entire mix of selected songs whatsoever and that's a fact.

Smooth Criminal - it's just the heartbeat recording at the start.

Speed Demon was a ticking clock.

IJCSLY was just the intro voice over.

DD, I think was just a door slam.

That kind of thing. Holophonics was only supposed to make sound effects sound like 3D holographic sound which, of course, doesn't exist.

Zuccarelli was NOT involved in the mixing of songs on Bad. Merely selected sound effects on selected sings. It's not an original mix.

The original mixes are those with original sound effects on selected songs. Taking Zuccarelli's ****e off only means they're original mixes without original sound effects on selected songs.

A big difference. So, yes, they can still be called original mixes without Holophonics.

Michael Jackson and Bruce Swedien obviously changed Bad by taking Holophonics off which wasn't even a major thing since they were sound effects in the introductions.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Zuccarelli's holophonics nonsense was only used for certain sound EFFECTS on selected songs. It was NOT used for the entire mix of selected songs whatsoever and that's a fact.
    I wasn't suggesting that.

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    A big difference. So, yes, they can still be called original mixes without Holophonics.
    Exactly. They're not the original mixes. Simple.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

hschherb (05-19-2017),SmoothGangsta (04-13-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I wasn't suggesting that.

Exactly. They're not the original mixes. Simple.
    Original mixes without original sound effects. That's more accurate.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Estate sucks! The best proposal for them is that they resign

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Estate sucks! The best proposal for them is that they resign
    I love how much thought you've put into it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

alexbism (04-18-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Monster Cable claimed it improved digital sound recording when it didn't. That's as much or even moreso a con as the bull**** Zuccarelli claimed and just as discredited.
    Only the signal to noise ratio matters. Monster had some very good hq products back in the days though.

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Reproduce all of the vocals from the Invincible sessions using a live orchestra and another producer for the percussive elements and release it as "Invincible:Reimagined" and it would be so ace as there were some strong vocal performances that were totally let down by lackluster beats. If it works then go back through his catalog and trawl out the numerous songs where the vocals far outpace their accompaniment and do it again.

Also given this digital age it would be wonderful if they were to release monthly singles packs reminiscent of those Maxi CD singles you got back in the days with loads of tracks. Using Billie Jean as an example they could punt out both demos, the original long version, album edit and remix along with whatever else they've got in the stash along with a digital booklet that laid down the background, info and evolution of the song into its retail form. After they'd ran through the whole library like this and caned all that money they could take the top selections, press up hard copies with proper booklets and release it as a limited edition via a kickstarter style, limited only to participants release.

This would be such an easy money spinner that would literally pay for itself many times over and I can't figure why they haven't done so yet. Also a compilation DVD of MJ in the studio (note MJ, not freaking commentary from wannabes and has beens) along with images of the lyrics sheets, concepts etc.. something along the lines of "Inside the mind of MJ" would be superb.

So many ideas, if I were placed in charge of his estate, woooooooooo!

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I wonder how the fans would react to a fan curating a project.

11. Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I wonder how the fans would react to a fan curating a project.
    If it's done well, they'd love it. Most of them anyway...lol.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nick2341 For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (05-14-2017),Crep20 (05-22-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I would just like to see 2 disc editions of albums. Disc 1 would be the original album (with the original mixes) Disc 2 would include instrumentals, extended/alternate mixes etc.

And also deluxe versions which includes a DVD of performances (because we have the videos already)
    It's a traaaap! - Admiral Ackbar