Liberian Girl
    I Just Can't Stop Loving You
    Dirty Diana
    Smooth Criminal
    Leave Me Alone
    Who Is It
    They Don't Care About Us
    Someone Put Your Hand Out

PS: Don't forget to add the (never released) Bruce Swedien mixes of Speed Demon
    What confirmation do we have of the Speed Demon mixes and WII & TDCAU being worked on at Encino during the Bad sessions?

Also, it's kind of hard to assume the existance of something if it hasn't been registered/ spoken about directly by producers or musicians.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    The Michael Jackson Anthology Series.

I've had this one on my mind for YEARS. It's admittedly just the Paul McCartney Archive Collection with Michael Jackson albums, but I'm not ashamed to admit it. If done right, I think this has the potential to be one of those projects that has something for everyone. Each yearly reissue would follow the same basic pattern:

Disc 1 - Original Album
    Include the initial album pressing, not the 2001 special editions or any other "secondary" versions. Let us hear exactly what the world heard way back when. (We'll be stuck with the "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" spoken word intro, but sacrifices must be made.) Ideally they'd dust off Bernie Grundman's original master for the audiophiles, but if that's a bit starry-eyed, then at least take due diligence to make a new master sound as pristine as humanly possible.

Disc 2 - Album Demos and Alternate/Extended Cuts
    Replicate the original album track listing using demos. Preferably only use ones that give us a little something extra – the rough cut of "Jam," for example, is nothing special – though I'm sure we'll take whatever we can get. Let us see the genesis of these songs and how they came to be what we know them as. If suitable demos don't exist, maybe cut together a few alternate/extended mixes with some new vocals. I'm rather certain that Off the Wall through Bad could be recreated entirely with JUST demos, but if for Dangerous through HIStory the balance skews too much toward secondary mixes as opposed to demos, just merge this disc in with Disc 3.

Disc 3 - Unreleased Material
    Self-explanatory. This is the one opportunity the Estate has to empty out the material they otherwise have nothing to do with: half-baked demos like "Free" or "People of the World"; songs that have been available online for years like "Hot Street" or "If You Don't Love Me"; any of the instrumental pieces Michael was toying with over the years; maybe even a few of his songwriting sessions and instructional voicemails. In the event that they're planning a studio album (unlikely) they could hold on to some of the more complete stuff, but otherwise anything and everything Michael recorded is fair game.

Disc 4 - DVD/Blu-Ray
    This one will vary album to album. A making-of documentary? A full concert performance? An era retrospective? A compilation of TV performance footage? The sky's the limit. Hopefully it would be something a little more exciting than just "here's every music video from this album!"

As far as packaging goes, try to be a little original and unique. Some photo books, a few glossy photographs... nothing particular comes to mind.

This is something I wish the estate would consider. It takes aim at those who want to hear the original album mixes, those who want to hear new music, those who want to hear album demos, those who want to see studio footage, those who want live concerts, and those who want to see a worthwhile Michael Jackson project.

Sorry for the lengthy post

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (04-12-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I'd add in the making of Bad documentary that has yet to see the light of day and continue to make sure nothing of Hugo Zuccarelli's work appears on ANY release. Bruce Swedien has been very vocal about Zuccarelli in a bad way and there's no reason to assume Michael Jackson didn't share his view which explains why he took holophonics off.

For me, I'd really be more interested in the making of documentary being standalone rather than part of any box set where I have most of the material anyway. I'd probably be for the release if we were 20 years on from Michael's death as we're still too close to the re-releases of Bad, especially the 2012 version.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I'd add in the making of Bad documentary that has yet to see the light of day and continue to make sure nothing of Hugo Zuccarelli's work appears on ANY release. Bruce Swedien has been very vocal about Zuccarelli in a bad way and there's no reason to assume Michael Jackson didn't share his view which explains why he took holophonics off.
    Look, I know you have a hate-boner for Holophonics, but plenty of people like the original mixes and it didn't stop the Estate from using the original IJCSLY in 2012.

Also, Bruce talks big about Monster Cable in the same way Zuccarelli talked big about Holophonics. All audio engineers of the acoustic age will be biased when it comes to what sounds good and what doesn't, despite objective facts and opinions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    A re-release of the Michael & Xscape albums together as 1, minus the controversial tracks. Basically the estate admits failure and rights a major wrong.

1. Xscape- (Original version)
    2. Hold My Hand
    3. Hollywood Tonight
    4. She Was Loving Me (Chicago)- Rock Version
    5. Best Of Joy
    6. Loving You (contemporized version)
    7. A Place Without No Name (original)
    8. Another Day
    9. Blue Gangsta (2010 version)
    10. Love Never Felt So Good (contemporized version)
    11. Slave To The Rhythm- (2010 version)
    12. Behind The Mask
    13. People Of The World
    14. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (2010 version)
    15. Much Too Soon

I left off the Cascio tracks and The Way You Love Me-(released on Ultimate Collection, shouldn't have been re-released on the 1st posthumous album IMO).

Most of the tracks from Michael or Xscape are either 2010 leaks, or the original tracks MJ did. A couple of the contemporized versions I left as they were better IMO then the originals (such as LNFSG and Loving You).

People Of The World is included even though it's incomplete because of how Michael always tried to have an anthem song on every album. This is the perfect anthem song. The vocals could easily be finished by other hired artists, or a hired choir.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Look, I know you have a hate-boner for Holophonics, but plenty of people like the original mixes and it didn't stop the Estate from using the original IJCSLY in 2012.

Also, Bruce talks big about Monster Cable in the same way Zuccarelli talked big about Holophonics. All audio engineers of the acoustic age will be biased when it comes to what sounds good and what doesn't, despite objective facts and opinions.
    Zuccarelli did more than talk "big" about Holophonics. They could put out the original mixes without any trace of Zuccarelli on it.

Holophonics is just binaural recording and NOT the 3D holographic sound Zuccarelli claimed it was. That's a VERY different scenario to Monster Cable which merely claimed to enhance sound quality.

The two are not comparable at all. Precisely why Zuccarelli was widely discredited by the science community, especially when it was discovered he was doing the same nonsensical trick as the "inventor" of the earlier Stenode radiostat.

In short, Zuccarelli is a con artist. Monster Cable's inventor is not. ;-)

Holophonics went beyond any subjective preference for sound quality. That's an established fact. Zuccarelli tooksomeone else's work and tried to pass it off as his own brand new....ahem...invention.

The Estate? Aren't the Executors widely derided as.....morons? Especially Branca.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

9. If anything from those nonsense/placebo post-production sound direction tools I'd prefer QSound (see Madonna's "The Immaculate Collection" or MJ's "Dangerous").
    There's a reason all of these technologies have been dropped though: they literally add nothing to the table, especially if you listen with in-ear earphones.
    You can do it all in Stereo with volume mixing + channel alignment for each sound layer that you'd want to mess around with.
    Music isn't made like movies, it doesn't want to simulate an environment like pseudo-realistic 3D games and certain movie genres, there are no endless directions and positions that'd make any sense.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Korgnex For This Useful Post:

PG13 (04-12-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Work with the brothers to bang out some proper '76-'89 Jacksons reissues with all of the relevant outtakes, 12" versions, instrumentals and live tour footage/audio. I couldn't give much of a stuff about MJ solo stuff these days as most of the good stuff has already long come out, save for the Thriller outtakes being released properly, but that can wait another 5-10 years at least.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

PG13 (04-12-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    Work with the brothers to bang out some proper '76-'89 Jacksons reissues with all of the relevant outtakes, 12" versions, instrumentals and live tour footage/audio. I couldn't give much of a stuff about MJ solo stuff these days as most of the good stuff has already long come out, save for the Thriller outtakes being released properly, but that can wait another 5-10 years at least.
    Yes, I'd prefer that over MJ releases as much of the good stuff was released. Destiny outtakes along with Triumph would be something - they were all on fire during those years.

Unfortunately, I can't see anything like this happening.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (04-12-2017),POF (04-17-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Zuccarelli did more than talk "big" about Holophonics. They could put out the original mixes without any trace of Zuccarelli on it.

Holophonics is just binaural recording and NOT the 3D holographic sound Zuccarelli claimed it was. That's a VERY different scenario to Monster Cable which merely claimed to enhance sound quality.

The two are not comparable at all. Precisely why Zuccarelli was widely discredited by the science community, especially when it was discovered he was doing the same nonsensical trick as the "inventor" of the earlier Stenode radiostat.

In short, Zuccarelli is a con artist. Monster Cable's inventor is not. ;-)

Holophonics went beyond any subjective preference for sound quality. That's an established fact. Zuccarelli tooksomeone else's work and tried to pass it off as his own brand new....ahem...invention.
    You can criticize Zuccarelli's claims all you want, and I would agree with most - but the recording for Holophonics/ whatever binural process did make a difference in the sound recording. You cannot remove this and then claim they're the original mixes.

Monster Cable claimed it improved digital sound recording when it didn't. That's as much or even moreso a con as the bull**** Zuccarelli claimed and just as discredited.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post: