Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your Proposed Estate Projects

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    The barrage of label hate continues to confuse me. Sony doesn't put the products together; the Estate does. Blaming them for the crappy products we've gotten makes no sense. They certainly control the substandard marketing, but even then they still have Michael Jackson on a semi-high pedestal unlike any other posthumous artist.

Wasn't it at one point said that Sony didn't want any remixes on Bad25, but the Estate pushed for them?

People need to chill out with the anti-Sony propaganda. As of late, I haven't seen any wrongdoing on their part.

As far as Thriller25 goes, how did they screw it up? I'm genuinely asking; I haven't heard of anything that paints them as having indirectly sabotaged it.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywonder View Post
    Blame Michael and Sony. I've heard Sony wanted to include more unreleased material but Michael vetoed it. UGH
    MJ was sometimes his own worst enemy. He was obviously thinking of sales at that late stage.
    I was a king under your control...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    The barrage of label hate continues to confuse me. Sony doesn't put the products together; the Estate does. Blaming them for the crappy products we've gotten makes no sense. They certainly control the substandard marketing, but even then they still have Michael Jackson on a semi-high pedestal unlike any other posthumous artist.

Wasn't it at one point said that Sony didn't want any remixes on Bad25, but the Estate pushed for them?

People need to chill out with the anti-Sony propaganda. As of late, I haven't seen any wrongdoing on their part.

As far as Thriller25 goes, how did they screw it up? I'm genuinely asking; I haven't heard of anything that paints them as having indirectly sabotaged it.
    Yeah, it's been said Sony wanted to include more unreleased material and the extended mixes but the estate was focused on those new remixes.

BTW, I wasn't hating on Sony, just that they and Michael signed off on the decision to include the remixes on Thriller 25, which a lot of people and critics derided. When I saw how Sony has handled reissues and box sets of other artists, I got the hint by the time Bad 25 came out that the estate were the ones making the decisions.