Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Destiny

Destiny was so good..what are your thoughts on this album?fave songs?
    AND YES..HISTORY CONTINUES!!

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    I love Destiny. Growing up, it was my favorite Jacksons album. My favorite tracks on it are probably Destiny, Bless His Soul, That's What You Get, Things I Do For You, Shake Your Body, and Push Me Away...that's over half of the whole album, huh? I adore Mike's vocals on this album, and I love how the brothers' creative inhibitions were freed and they were able to just let loose for the first real time on this album.
    I do dream of distant places
    Where I don't know now, but it's destiny...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownEyes For This Useful Post:

funkkid (06-11-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I ADORE Push Me Away....even though it's a funny kind of love song, it still manages to set this incredibly sexy mood. It's Michael almost doing Marvin Gaye...but of course he'd get better at that later on!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thankyoufortheparty For This Useful Post:

funkkid (06-11-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownEyes View Post
    I love Destiny. Growing up, it was my favorite Jacksons album. My favorite tracks on it are probably Destiny, Bless His Soul, That's What You Get, Things I Do For You, Shake Your Body, and Push Me Away...that's over half of the whole album, huh? I adore Mike's vocals on this album, and I love how the brothers' creative inhibitions were freed and they were able to just let loose for the first real time on this album.
    the freedom was all over this album right?Gotta love Destiny

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by thankyoufortheparty View Post
    I ADORE Push Me Away....even though it's a funny kind of love song, it still manages to set this incredibly sexy mood. It's Michael almost doing Marvin Gaye...but of course he'd get better at that later on!
    right!!push me away is one of the best!

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Ditto about Push Me Away. That was the first time his voice slid into that delicate falsetto on record. I think this was around the time he was coming into his own as an adult vocalist. I like Off The Wall because it sounds like he became Michael Jackson as we know him now, but there were hints of what to come on Destiny. For example, the "Hee-hee-hee...hee!" at the beginning of Blame It On The Boogie.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Fantastic album by The Jacksons, it's a great counterpart to Off The Wall.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I adore Destiny. Every song is a masterpiece on its own. "Thatīs What You Get For Being Polite" is such a sad song. The album is full of joy and freshness. Great work!!!

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    I was listening to this album for the first time in a while a few hours ago... it's just so, so good. I've always liked the proto-OTW Shake Your Body, Blame It On The Boogie etc, but the slower stuff has grown on me a lot lately.

A lot of the songs seem very autobiographical (That's What You Get, Bless His Soul, Things I Do For You etc). I guess that's one of the things that becomes very evident when you compare the album to the self-titled one and Goin' Places.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam2008 View Post
    Ditto about Push Me Away. That was the first time his voice slid into that delicate falsetto on record. I think this was around the time he was coming into his own as an adult vocalist. I like Off The Wall because it sounds like he became Michael Jackson as we know him now, but there were hints of what to come on Destiny. For example, the "Hee-hee-hee...hee!" at the beginning of Blame It On The Boogie.

Yep. I think this is part of why I like his vocals from this era so much. All of his trademarks that would eventually become staples were kind of being hinted at and perfected during this era...even his live vocals on the Destiny tour. I agree about Off The Wall too.
    I do dream of distant places
    Where I don't know now, but it's destiny...