Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

1. They should just release 10 or 15 songs every 3 or 4 years if they are contractually allowed in my opinion. Isn't the estate solvent now, all taxes having been paid?

It doesn't really matter if the songs are complete or not, its more about the art.
    Last edited by mack86; 11-24-2016 at 10:08 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mack86 For This Useful Post:

james283126 (11-24-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by mack86 View Post
    They should just release 10 or 15 songs every 3 or 4 years if they are contractually allowed in my opinion. Isn't the estate solvent now, all taxes having been paid?

It doesn't really matter if the songs are complete or not, its more about the art.
    Not quite, no. There's still the IRS case ongoing.

As for other folks, self-entitlement is stamping your feet, throwing toys out of the pram and acting highly pissed. It is also demanding this, that and the other. Such is the state of fandom today.

Hardcore fans account for less than half of sales for any project. And they're quite a divided bunch anyway neither are they this organised group who can make or break any posthumous MJ project. Let's not overestimate the influence of the usually nonsensical, hysterical hardcore MJ fans as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by nick2341 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a lot of unheard material to release. He may have done hundreds of songs, but who wants to hear mumbling scratch vocals on an official release? They're better off sticking with merch and experiences like Immortal and One for now. Have any of these posthumous albums really lived up to the greatness of the albums released when he was alive?
    Psychoniff pinched some of your post on MJJC, lad.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/th...e-Future/page8

That boy has serious problems with self-expression.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (07-06-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post

Psychoniff pinched some of your post on MJJC, lad.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/th...e-Future/page8

That boy has serious problems with self-expression.
    Is that dude a human being or a droid?

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    Is that dude a human being or a droid?
    Neither - it's an insult to both!
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

POF (11-24-2016)

8. Quote Originally Posted by james283126 View Post
    Also, and no disrespect intended because I like what you do, but you have...some unreleased material(maybe) etc. so you're not really in the want for MJ content like some of us are
    I don't. :-P I rarely find demo or rough versions of songs interesting beyond a one time listen. That's why I mentioned leaving them off an official release.

John, thinking about it a little deeper, I actually agree on Xscape. I'm not imagining much left music-wise to be released, though. I hope I'm wrong!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nick2341 For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (07-06-2017),DingBat (11-25-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by nick2341 View Post
    I don't. :-P I rarely find demo or rough versions of songs interesting beyond a one time listen. That's why I mentioned leaving them off an official release.

John, thinking about it a little deeper, I actually agree on Xscape. I'm not imagining much left music-wise to be released, though. I hope I'm wrong!
    I'm the same as you on the demo/rough versions. Once or a handful of times is enough, really. Michael put his best material out during his lifetime, no question.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (07-06-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I'm very interested in how songs evolved as they were created. So I think I'd be more interested in demos of already released songs than songs MJ never got the chance to finish. Although preferably I'd have both
    Girl I wanna groooooove

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

3riller2010 (09-11-2017),Crep20 (11-30-2016),DingBat (11-26-2016),iWishiWereInvincible (11-29-2016),ozemoze22 (04-29-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I'm the same as you on the demo/rough versions. Once or a handful of times is enough, really. Michael put his best material out during his lifetime, no question.
    You're suggesting that Invincible is better than it's outtakes? I think you're in the minority.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (11-26-2016),Danileevan (07-06-2017),james283126 (06-14-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Couldn't disagree more than the best material Michael recorded is what he chose to release.

Some of the outtakes we've heard in the last few years are equal to or better than some of the material in his official catalog. God knows what else is in the vault.

Though it's all depending on taste.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

ozemoze22 (04-29-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    You're suggesting that Invincible is better than it's outtakes? I think you're in the minority.
    Forgot about that! Easy to do!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

DingBat (11-26-2016)