Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    What are these "incredibly exciting projects" if there are no new content or unreleased stuff. I don't see it as a problem to release 1 new posthumous album in 2-4 years it's not that big investment to buy.

2. As PG said, the MJ Estate haven't made much money with unreleased music, "This Is It" and the Cirque du Soleil projects were a lot more profitable. I have been pretty sure that they would enter a long hiatus after the release of the awful Xscape - and now it is official for those who didn't see it coming - as it happens with a lot of deceased artists' estates. If you want to make money in the future, you have to hold back some material. And that's what they have been doing and will continue to do, for MANY years. You won't get to see and hear everything from MJ, that's just life. So get on with yours and don't bother about it, there's nothing you can do anyway.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Korgnex For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (11-22-2016),Crep20 (11-23-2016),PG13 (11-22-2016),TroubleMan84 (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgnex View Post
    As PG said, the MJ Estate haven't made much money with unreleased music, "This Is It" and the Cirque du Soleil projects were a lot more profitable. I have been pretty sure that they would enter a long hiatus after the release of the awful Xscape - and now it is official for those who didn't see it coming - as it happens with a lot of deceased artists' estates. If you want to make money in the future, you have to hold back some material. And that's what they have been doing and will continue to do, for MANY years. You won't get to see and hear everything from MJ, that's just life. So get on with yours and don't bother about it, there's nothing you can do anyway.
    Aside from leak content.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    It's ridiculous that fans are pissed at the prospect of PROBABLY no unreleased music being out in 2017. Self-entitlement?

The fact is that unreleased music is NOT the backbone or bread and butter of the Michael Jackson Estate business. That's just reality. You're always going to have previously released material as the core of your business strategy. You want to string out finite unheard music releases and grow fan base as well as business for as long as possible.

Being pissed suggests you expect yet another posthumously released unheard of music album in 2017. The same reason some were pissed there was no multiple single releases.

Let's not mislead folks into thinking unheard music is the core of the business. It's not.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (11-22-2016),Nesboy43 (12-14-2016),nick2341 (11-24-2016),TroubleMan84 (11-22-2016)

Well, I'm not thrilled about it actually happening.
    Id like it sooner than later, but it was going to happen one day. Better now than later.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    The way some fans talk, you'd have thought Michael had a bottomless vault or at least a Prince-like one. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't even that much more unleaked stuff left to officially release, at least as far as songs are concerned anyway.

There might be only 2-3 more full albums' worth of largely unheard stuff that's even semi-releasable, in which case, they might as well hold stuff back, look after it and then treat future generations of fans to that thrill of hearing previously never-before widely heard MJ stuff for the first time.

I'd rather see them turn their attentions to some Jacksons projects anyway. There haven't been any significant Jacksons releases since before Michael died, and there must be some great Triumph/Victory outtakes somewhere out there. Wasn't it Jackie who said only Sony was preventing them from being released?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

TroubleMan84 (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post

I'd rather see them turn their attentions to some Jacksons projects anyway. There haven't been any significant Jacksons releases since before Michael died, and there must be some great Triumph/Victory outtakes somewhere out there. Wasn't it Jackie who said only Sony was preventing them from being released?
    I 2nd that. 2019 will mark the boys 50th anniversary, Motown/Universal as well as Epic/Sony SHOULD celebrate it with proper releases.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    It's not self entitlement to want something. I don;t expect it, but that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed at not getting to hear any new MJ for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

james283126 (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Guess they finally learned the lesson they should've learned after releasing two subpar albums of unreleased material with badly produced edits (and questionable vocals) for the most part. Besides it proves MJ didn't really have a lot of finished work anyway and he was a perfectionist so a lot of these so called unreleased material was probably so bare that the estate felt they couldn't do nothing with 'em.

--- Merged Posts ---

Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    I 2nd that. 2019 will mark the boys 50th anniversary, Motown/Universal as well as Epic/Sony SHOULD celebrate it with proper releases.
    If Motown didn't do nothing for the Supremes, doubt they would do anything for the J5. In fact of all the classic Motown stars, the only one they gave much attention to was actually Marvin Gaye.
    I was a king under your control...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TroubleMan84 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    Weren't they signed to Motown in 1968? And obviously, they started years earlier than that. I don't want any 'anniversary' excuses anyway, I just want them to release stuff that shows some genuine love of the music. Motown/Universal have long been very good at that, to be fair.

Sony/the Estate are very good at half-arsed releases, so I'd be happy to not see anything major for a while in readiness for the MJ brand to come back with a 'bang' in a decade or two's time.

Didn't Hip-O-Select release a lot of Supremes stuff? Too bad that label's dead now. But there was loads of new J5 stuff between 2009 and 2012 anyway, I was referring to '75-'84 era Jacksons.