Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory

Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

"We have some incredibly exciting projects coming up in 2017, although we probably will not continue to release unreleased music."

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=303931

Gonna be upfront here, I'm pissed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

james283126 (11-22-2016),POF (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Gonna be upfront here, I'm pissed.
    Yup. Me too!

Although, does he mean after that project, or from now? It is a bit unclear in the way he has worded it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (11-22-2016),POF (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Sounds fine by me. What worries me more is Branca's idea of "incredibly exciting projects"...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

alexbism (11-23-2016),BudzMJJ (11-22-2016),DingBat (11-21-2016),mjjvibe (12-12-2016),POF (11-22-2016),SmoothGangsta (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    He means for him, as in he will make a lot of money and be really excited about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

KaiD (11-23-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    That sounds good. I'm assuming he means for the foreseeable future. Or maybe he just means in 2017. A break is what we need. Far too much over saturation and I think they're seeing that. Maybe they've released everything they consider releasable?
    Girl I wanna groooooove

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

PG13 (11-22-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Seems odd from a commercial standpoint. Excluding This Is It, the two most successful individual projects per the 2010 contract have been albums featuring previously unreleased music.

For me, new music is number one. I'm one of the few who have no interest in a Captain EO or Ghosts individual release. (It would be nice to have, but it's nothing I'm absolutely enthralled or passionate for.) Plus, going by their history, anything that DOESN'T involve new music is most likely going to disappoint content-wise.

It's like they're shooting themselves in the foot here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

mjjvibe (12-12-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Seems odd from a commercial standpoint. Excluding This Is It, the two most successful individual projects per the 2010 contract have been albums featuring previously unreleased music.

For me, new music is number one. I'm one of the few who have no interest in a Captain EO or Ghosts individual release. (It would be nice to have, but it's nothing I'm absolutely enthralled or passionate for.) Plus, going by their history, anything that DOESN'T involve new music is most likely going to disappoint content-wise.

I think they should stop all releases for a while. If they're going to stop releasing new music they should probably just stop all together.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

So let me get this straight, the posthumous releases for one of (if not the biggest) musical artists of all time are not going to include new music in the foreseeable future? Sounds like a plan Stan. If it hasn't been said enough already, his estate royally sucks a**.

well there goes my optimistic night.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous

No, it hasn't. Not by a long shot as neither posthumous albums have been the biggest money spinners for the MJ Estate! Combined they didn't even sell 10million!

Immortal and One draw more money irrespective of the partnership with Cirque as every project is a collaboration anyway.

The money made from the albums so far is really more like loose change to them compared to the monster amounts made with other projects.

When you have an incredible revenue stream in other areas, any business can afford to focus on other products for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    That sounds good. I'm assuming he means for the foreseeable future. Or maybe he just means in 2017. A break is what we need. Far too much over saturation and I think they're seeing that. Maybe they've released everything they consider releasable?
    *best Jim Carey impersonation*

And the truth will set you frrreeeeee!!!!

Never a truer word spoken! Michael is dead and it's distasteful fans expect releases like he's still alive. Distasteful the Estate behaves that way too. They can all give it a rest and if you're a fan, you'll be back whenever they release something new.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee