Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Thriller-Related Project Confirmed by John Landis

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    You kidding? They're going to remaster this into 4D, that's right - not 4K but 4D. We hyper-dimensional baby!

When the estate said they had something special in-store they weren't over-hyping!
    Girl I wanna groooooove

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

toomuch (12-14-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    The Hi-res version of Thriller isn't downloadable anymore on many online stores. I suppose it'll be available again when the new project is released.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    The Hi-res version of Thriller isn't downloadable anymore on many online stores. I suppose it'll be available again when the new project is released.
    They're gonna replace it with the newly crushed remastered version that comes along with it.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Prepare yourselves for the greatest music video ever, as you have never seen it before. Fully restored and remastered! A MUST HAVE FOR ANY FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

iWishiWereInvincible (01-15-2017),Sage X (12-27-2016),SmoothGangsta (04-23-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Any updates on this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3260090

Michael Jackson will be scaring fans from beyond the grave later this summer with a reworked release of his iconic music video “Thriller” in 3D.

Director John Landis, who shot "Thriller" in 1982 with “The King of Pop,” will oversee the project, according to industry sources.

We’re told that for three years, Landis has been secretly re-working the iconic 14-minute music video, which was a groundbreaking piece of music history.

Sources say that Michael's son Prince and daughter Paris have been involved in the project, but details are being kept under wraps.

“Thriller is coming out again in movie form this summer and it will be something very special,” we're told. “John took the original footage, cleaned it up and has made it into something very unique.”

“Michael’s vision before his death was to bring ‘Thriller’ to movie theaters and use IMAX and 3D technology to make fans feel they are in the video with him,” we're told. “There is a marketing plan in place to launch the new version with a huge PR drive with (Jackson’s children) Prince and Paris involved.”

We also hear that Prince, a filmmaking enthusiast, has expressed particular interest in this project. Our sources also say that fans are in for a double-feature.

“As part of the celebration relaunch, a new documentary exploring the incredible story behind the movie’s creation will be released,” we're told.
    It's not an official announcement but this is the closest we've gotten to one yet.

The only thing I don't like about this is the part that says "a new documentary exploring the incredible story". Does new mean there'll be another terrible Spike Lee doc that nobody wants to see? Is the original Making Of Thriller doc not good enough for them? I just hope the article got that wrong and that they'll actually be re-releasing the original Making Of along with Thriller, but since it's the estate who knows. The 3D thing is also stupid but as long as they put out a Blu-Ray with the 2D version on it then whatever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage X For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (06-21-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage X View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3260090

It's not an official announcement but this is the closest we've gotten to one yet.

The only thing I don't like about this is the part that says "a new documentary exploring the incredible story". Does new mean there'll be another terrible Spike Lee doc that nobody wants to see? Is the original Making Of Thriller doc not good enough for them? I just hope the article got that wrong and that they'll actually be re-releasing the original Making Of along with Thriller, but since it's the estate who knows. The 3D thing is also stupid but as long as they put out a Blu-Ray with the 2D version on it then whatever.
    I would imagine it will be another Spike Lee doc as he has stated multiple times about completing the trilogy of classic MJ albums, or words to that effect.
    Still not massively hyped about this, though I will probably check it out if it does get released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Prince's estate is reissuing Purple Rain a few days from now. The new packaging includes a multi-page hardcover photo book, a remaster of the original album, a disc of previously unreleased songs (some of which have leaked in some shape or form), a disc of single edits and B-sides, and a DVD of a live performance from 1985. Prince himself oversaw all aspects of this release prior to his death, yes, but nonetheless it is still the product we're getting.

So what does Thriller, by all means the more successful and renowned album, get in comparison? A short film remaster jumping on the 3D bandwagon three years too late, and a documentary that (assuming its again directed by Spike Lee) will drop the ball in lazy and offensive ways.

What the hell? Is it really THAT difficult to put together a halfway decent product? There's a little more effort here than they gave for that godawful Off the Wall reissue, but it's still embarrassingly mediocre. Plus, we get to have Thriller shoved down our throats again, so... yay.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

MichaelD (06-21-2017),Sage X (06-21-2017),SmoothGangsta (06-21-2017),Snowbunny Sorcerer (06-21-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    They can pass as far as I'm concerned. OTW was a joke, and not one thing done to commemorate Dangerous' 25th anniversary, except a lame online celebration. Anything the Estate/Sony comes up with will just end with huge disappointment.

Seriously...WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER EFFING THRILLER RELEASE!!!!