Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Thriller-Related Project Confirmed by John Landis

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory

New Thriller-Related Project Confirmed by John Landis

"I can tell you something about Thriller that you are going to find out about in 2017. I just finished that and it's pretty spectacular. It's a surprise. It involves Michael Jackson's Thriller. I'd tell you more but the Michael Jackson estate would kill me."

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/wh...ndis-1-8184516

Pretty much confirmation that at the very least the Thriller short film will be reissued in some medium next year... ugh.

I grasp that Thriller is a surefire money haul and has almost a guaranteed success rate... but hasn't the album been milked enough? Reissues of previously released material have little draw if there isn't anything accompanying it, not to mention the fact that the given material has already seen an immense amount of overexposure.

Give us some new material or count me out. *shrugs*

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    The way he says it to me seems like it may be a larger project involving the Thriller short film. It'll just be a reissue though.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    This is the MJ Estate, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be something lame. Didn't Spike Lee say something about wanting to do a Thriller doc? It'll probably be something along those lines with a reissue of the album featuring literally one of the other outtakes that we've already heard, and that'll be it, lol.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

alexbism (10-18-2016),BudzMJJ (10-17-2016),Danileevan (07-13-2017),james283126 (10-17-2016),mjjvibe (11-18-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    This is the MJ Estate, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be something lame. Didn't Spike Lee say something about wanting to do a Thriller doc? It'll probably be something along those lines with a reissue of the album featuring literally one of the other outtakes that we've already heard, and that'll be it, lol.
    I'm assuming this time it'll feature nobody with anything relevant to say. That's the way it's going with the Off The Wall one. I'm upset I wasted the time letting light reach my retinas to watch that.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (07-13-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I wonder if it has to do with a Thriller docu or is he doing that 3D thing?
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^ I figure it certainly has to be the 3D thing given Landis' involvement.

Spike did speak about a Thriller doc but there's been absolutely no continuation on his part. Typically we've known when he's been filming interviews and whatnot.

I wish that they would release Thriller on Blu-Ray along with the Making Of Thriller thing. It's high time they finally do a HD version of Thriller. It looks spectecular in Moonwalker but on every DVD it's like they used a 30 year old tape. I'm willing to bet that's not gonna be it though and that it's just gonna be something lame.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sage X For This Useful Post:

DingBat (10-19-2016),mjjvibe (11-18-2016),renstimpy1 (12-02-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Either Thriller 3D or Thriller on Broadway like MJ was going to do without Landis until he got sued by John.

That's what I reckon.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Perhaps JL's following the footsteps of George Lucas: Thriller Special Edition with new audio&video alterations.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    WHAT?!!?!? OMG!!!! It's been so ****ing long since we had any kind of Thriller release. I have a hard time even finding the album these days..................
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

alexbism (10-18-2016),Danileevan (07-13-2017),iWishiWereInvincible (12-01-2016),TroubleMan84 (10-17-2016)