Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitch the Final 2017 Estate Product

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    Properly mixed and mastered versions of the studio demos/leaks we have bundled into a double disc compilation would be great, especially if they were to include a DVD of MJ footage in the studio - note I said MJ footage and not a whole load of clowns yacking about MJ but the man himself, doing his thing.
    I'm sure if they release stuff like that it'll have talking heads all the way through it. I can see it now, there'll be footage of MJ recording Whatever Happens with Darkchild talking all over the top of it.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    An apology?

Seriously though, I'd like them to allow Darkchild to release those 2 discs of collaborations he spoke about a year or so before Xscape came out.
    Thinking of this:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/590189/m...o-be-released/

That came from Fred Jerkins III.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

alexbism (09-13-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Thinking of this:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/590189/m...o-be-released/

That came from Fred Jerkins III.
    That's certainly one of the articles going around at the time. But I do remember the whole "2-discs" thing - so maybe a different interview?

The final project eh?

I'd like HD box set of the music videos. Michael Jackson's Vision was inspired as far as the box art and what not, but SD does not fly in this day and age.

Or an HD release of a Dangerous Concert from 1992 would be nice, though I doubt such high quality footage even exists. Wembley or Tokyo Dome would be ideal choices, followed by Munich.

Hell if they have a higher resolution version of Bucharest that's cool too, people are buying 4K sets nowadays, and one of the most popular entertainers of all time isn't even readily available in widescreen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonwalker94 For This Useful Post:

austin128 (09-11-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I think the Estate needs to recollect. Something they could do with very little effort would be, basically, an improved version of "The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection". It'd include all alternate album versions (like the first two versions of "Smooth Criminal"; the original "Rock With You", etc.), single mixes, rare B-sides, and all officially released remixes, instrumentals, a capellas, and HQ audio of the music video versions of songs (think "In The Closet" with Naomi instead of the Princess).
    It wouldn't even need to be released physically, as I know it is more of a hardcore fan thing. HOWEVER, it WOULD be released EVERYWHERE lossless digital music is available in addition to iTunes and the like (HDTracks, Qobuz, 7Digital).
    This should at least turn a profit since, if the archiving branch of the estate has their stuff together, they should already have all of this content. All they have to do is release it. It's already been mastered and everything when it was originally released.
    Heck, I'd even be satisfied if they did it in installments. They could do the first one from '79-'85, for instance.
    Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    I'm sure if they release stuff like that it'll have talking heads all the way through it. I can see it now, there'll be footage of MJ recording Whatever Happens with Darkchild talking all over the top of it.
    Thats exactly the problem as these buffoons should just play the background, like Tito, and let the man shine instead of trying to edge their way into the light, like Jermaine.

I'm really interested in seeing the studio aspect of MJ and the whole creative process and I know they've got hours and hours of footage as the man was a raving narcissist who videos pretty much everything he did but knowing the estate if they did decide to do something with it it'll be a talking heads, overdubbed extravaganza like you mentioned.

Wouldn't it be great if they just transferred all of the archival footage they have of MJ to digital and either uploaded it to youtube or gave it away on a torrent site? Heck I'd be happy even if it were in 360p as otherwise its just going to sit there unseen for all of eternity.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toomuch For This Useful Post:

austin128 (09-11-2016),POF (09-12-2016),SmoothGangsta (09-11-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    They'll probably reissue Dangerous. Obviously not as "Dangerous 25", but a simple reissue. Then again, OTW needed a better reissue and they messed that up... I honestly don't know what they can do at this point.
    I was a king under your control...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TroubleMan84 For This Useful Post:

austin128 (09-12-2016),ChickenMcNuggets (09-12-2016),POF (09-12-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    Thats exactly the problem as these buffoons should just play the background, like Tito, and let the man shine instead of trying to edge their way into the light, like Jermaine.
    FFS FFS FFS DON'T GET ME STARTED DON'T EVEN... SOMEONE RESTRAIN ME PLEASE

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

alexbism (09-13-2016),austin128 (09-12-2016),Killer Queen (09-13-2016),toomuch (09-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    I'm not going to hold you back. Let it gooo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Billyjeanplxiv For This Useful Post:

Killer Queen (09-13-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post