Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pitch the Final 2017 Estate Product

What song could Orianthi be playing on?

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Maybe finally a concert dvd/blue ray box ?

1. 1987 concert - One of the red shirt ones.
    2. 1988 concert - I'm ok with Wembley
    3. 1989 concert - L.A
    4. 1992 concert - Munich
    5. 1993 concert - i don't care which one
    6. 1996 concert - Prague
    7. 1997 concert - NOT MUNICH

Oh and NO, i don't think this is too much expected..
    Prejudice is ignorance

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    The most realistic scenario would be a 2-disc CON-pilation including duet songs which were never intended to be duets as well as brand new songs from the basement.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    The most realistic scenario would be a 2-disc CON-pilation including duet songs which were never intended to be duets as well as brand new songs from the basement.
    I can't wait for them to release a song where MJ only sings the chorus so they can make it all about modern artists instead
    Girl I wanna groooooove

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

alexbism (09-21-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I would say Michael likely would never have used Orianthi on studio albums and would have kept her as a touring guitarist. Same as for Jennifer Batten.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I would say Michael likely would never have used Orianthi on studio albums and would have kept her as a touring guitarist. Same as for Jennifer Batten.
    Alas, we don't know what Michael would have done. Weather or not she would have played on a studio album we will never know. She is one of the last people to play with MJ on stage, and she plays guitar well. I know I wont be disappointed with the track, unless the drums in the track were as weak as Timba's STTR, then i'd be disappointed.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^When was the last time Michael used a female musician on his albums as a session musician? I'm thinking Sheila E was probably one of the very few from a long time ago.

They are heavily male dominated and Jennifer Batten was never once asked to record some kicks for any album from 1990-2009. As good as she obviously was.

Those who played on his albums AND on stage were men. Think Greg Philliganes, Brad Buxer, Christopher Currel and David Williams.

Definitely a very safe bet Orianthi would never have been anywhere near a Michael Jackson studio album session.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

POF (09-20-2016)

^^^When was the last time Michael used a female musician on his albums as a session musician? I'm thinking Sheila E was probably one of the very few from a long time ago.

They are heavily male dominated and Jennifer Batten was never once asked to record some kicks for any album from 1990-2009. As good as she obviously was.

Those who played on his albums AND on stage were men. Think Greg Philliganes, Brad Buxer, Christopher Currel and David Williams.

Definitely a very safe bet Orianthi would never have been anywhere near a Michael Jackson studio album session.
    I can't disagree with those facts. Its possible Michael could have changed his mind. As you point out, the chance of that happening is low.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    As far as I'm aware, only Shiela E has ever made the claim that she was on DSTYGE. And frankly, I do not believe she's on the album version.

Also, to be fair, Michael has barely needed session musicians since Dangerous, given that just about every album since then has been 95% synths, played by the producers. Choir and string sections have had plenty of females in them - if you should count that. Overall, MJ seems to have barely cared who played what on his albums, as musicians were usually part of the respective producer's regular circle. This was of course even the case with Quincy.

Should we go though the various female writers Michael chose to have worked with? Surely writing is a much more intimate process than a performance that MJ probably wouldn't have been there for anyway?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (09-21-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    ^female writers?

There's Carole Bayer Sager and ... ehm, Carole Bayer Sager ...