Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitch the Final 2017 Estate Product

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory

Pitch the Final 2017 Estate Product

Next year brings the end of the Sony/Estate collaborative contract initiated in March 2010 (a contract I feel more than likely will not be renewed/extended). If I'm correct, the Estate still has at least one project remaining on their contract that they must deliver by year's end. So, out of sheer curiosity, I must ask:

What would you like to see released as their final hurrah?

My vote would probably go to an Ultimate Collection-styled box set (or, perhaps more realistically, a 2-CD set) comprised entirely of early demos of released songs and some incomplete stuff (e.g., "Free," "Gloucestershire"). The only other alternative I can see for this material is through reissue packages, and I'd rather not have to purchase the entire Dangerous album just to get to listen to a scratch demo of "Black or White". It's also almost foolproof and would take effort to actually mess up.

I'd also at some point like to see the footage of "Dangerous" and "Stranger in Moscow" that didn't make the cut for This Is It.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Expanded Victory album reissue along with an official release of the tour footage/audio. We've had no significant Jacksons releases since the Destiny/Triumph reissues in 2009, that's long enough.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

austin128 (09-10-2016)

Dangerous 25

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadTour87 For This Useful Post:

mjjvibe (11-08-2016),Prince Of Pop (09-09-2016)

Another Unreleased album.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I would like an unreleased/early demo collection as you stated, although I'd be worried about the mastering aspect, as I always am with Estate releases.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

austin128 (09-10-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    An apology?

Seriously though, I'd like them to allow Darkchild to release those 2 discs of collaborations he spoke about a year or so before Xscape came out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (09-10-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    An apology?

Seriously though, I'd like them to allow Darkchild to release those 2 discs of collaborations he spoke about a year or so before Xscape came out.
    Any extra info on this?
    Girl I wanna groooooove

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    Any extra info on this?
    I have really been trying to search for the interview in which he state this, but I'm afraid I can't find it.

So many great classic articles about MJ seem to be dissapearing from the internet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (09-10-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Well, I'm not expecting anything big with the current the Estate (and its executors). A double cd packed with greateast hits would be ok as long as it would contain the original versions of BTM & MTS as a bonus.

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    Properly mixed and mastered versions of the studio demos/leaks we have bundled into a double disc compilation would be great, especially if they were to include a DVD of MJ footage in the studio - note I said MJ footage and not a whole load of clowns yacking about MJ but the man himself, doing his thing.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to toomuch For This Useful Post:

austin128 (09-10-2016),BudzMJJ (09-11-2016),DingBat (09-10-2016),MichaelD (09-10-2016),MJHHInvincible (09-11-2016),Neomic (09-15-2017),skilljim (09-13-2016),sweetlovers1224 (09-14-2016)