Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Engineer Tom Perry on the making of the Jacksons’ 1980 album Triumph" (Wax Poetics)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    This is from Jackie in the Jacksons Legacy book.

"I was dating Kathy Hilton, Paris' mom, for two or three years. One day I was leaving Kathy's house at the top of Mulholland Drive, and the whole idea for the song came into my mind like an anthem. I was driving along Mulholland and I kept singing the melody, with the drums and music and everything. I had a little Dictaphone in the car and I put everything on the phone. I got to the house in Encino and went right to the piano. Michael said, "What's that? I like it. Can I write that with you?"

And I said, "Sure."

And that's how we wrote "Can You Feel It".
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

POF (04-17-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    Tom Perry:He called me again, and we cut some stuff with Latoya. Another time he called me, and we began working on some songs that he was demoing. One of them was “Billie Jean.” I’m jumping ahead a little bit, but “Billie Jean” was the last thing I worked on with Michael. We spent about three months on that single because we kept redoing the strings and horns on the demo. At some point, it was taken over by Quincy Jones.

Aren't the 2002 leaked demos of BJ & WBSS from that session?

Why have you moved this informative and not only Jacksons related thread to the greasy bog area of MaxJax forums?
    Because the main subject relates to a Jacksons album, not an MJ one, which is exactly what the Victory forum's for? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post

"I was dating Kathy Hilton, Paris' mom, for two or three years. One day I was leaving Kathy's house at the top of Mulholland Drive, and the whole idea for the song came into my mind like an anthem. I was driving along Mulholland and I kept singing the melody, with the drums and music and everything. I had a little Dictaphone in the car and I put everything on the phone. I got to the house in Encino and went right to the piano. Michael said, "What's that? I like it. Can I write that with you?"

And I said, "Sure."

Jackie should've done a solo album in the early '80s. He was on a bit of a roll back then, and there feels like a glaring gap between his '73 and '89 efforts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

PG13 (04-18-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post

And I said, "Sure."

Jackie could play the piano?
    I didn't know that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to POF For This Useful Post:

PG13 (04-18-2018)