Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tito Jackson: "Get It Baby"

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by BudzMJJ View Post
    People think that sounds good?!??!?! Wow no wonder the music scene is in such a dire state these days. Fair enough.
    His upcoming album is going to outsell any released album by his brother
    Last edited by POF; 06-04-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    Quote Originally Posted by BudzMJJ View Post
    And you are? I am surprised with your attitude towards anything new that you are even giving it a listen. Surely you read something about it that gave you a full opinion on it before even hearing. Ain't that how you do things?
    Nope, you're entirely wrong. I saw this thread and searched for the track. It's not that bad. Of course this is my opinion, though
    I respect yours.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    It's alright, it's got a decent swing to it live, but I think "We Made It" was better... at least Tito goes for a more organic sound than some of the other Jacksons (Jackie, La Toya) have been doing in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    It's alright, it's got a decent swing to it live, but I think "We Made It" was better... at least Tito goes for a more organic sound than some of the other Jacksons (Jackie, La Toya) have been doing in recent years.
    I heard the live clip, it sounds better live. Not too sure why a rap is in one version, I think the rap throws off the vibe. Its not a bad track, but its not great. For me its missing that...omf.

And interestingly now all siblings had at least one song charted on Billboard Hot 100.

Tito's new single "Get It Baby" completes the family set.

Tito Jackson joins his brothers and sisters like Michael and Janet, and scores his first solo hit on the Billboard charts with "Get It Baby." With the single's recent debut, Tito becomes the ninth and final Jackson family sibling to place a solo single on the charts.

For over 45 years, the Jackson family has been charting hits -- stretching back to the 1969 debut of the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" on the Billboard Hot 100. In the following decades, the children of Joe and Katherine Jackson all embarked on solo careers, most spectacularly with Michael Jackson. By 1989, eight of the nine siblings had reached the charts.

"Get It Baby," featuring Big Daddy Kane, debuts at No. 30 on the Billboard + Twitter Top Tracks chart dated June 11, and climbs 29-26 on the Adult R&B Songs airplay chart in its second week.

The Jackson siblings’ solo chart runs date back to October 30, 1971, when Michael Jackson’s debut single, “Got to Be There,” started at No. 89 on the Hot 100. Since Michael kicked off his string, nine of the Jackson children have scored hits on a Billboard songs chart (listed in birth order):

Maureen “Rebbie” Jackson – seven charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including two top 10s in 1984’s “Centipede” (No. 4) and 1988’s “Plaything” (No. 8).

Sigmund “Jackie” Jackson – two charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including a 1989 top 40 hit “Stay” (No. 39).

Tito Jackson – “Get It Baby” debuted at No. 29 on Adult R&B Songs on the June 4, 2016 chart and Billboard + Twitter Top Tracks the following week.

Jermaine Jackson – 17 charted titles on the Hot 100, including two top 10 hits: “Daddy’s Home” in 1973 and “Let’s Get Serious” in 1980. Both cuts peaked at No. 9.

La Toya Jackson – nine charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including four top 40 hits. Her highest ranking track, “Bet’cha Gonna Need My Lovin’” climbed to No. 22 in 1983.

Marlon Jackson – two charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including the No. 2 smash “Don’t Go” in 1987.

Michael Jackson – 29 charted titles on the Hot 100, including 13 No. 1s, the most by any male artist in Hot 100 history.

Steven “Randy” Jackson – three charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart (one as a solo artist and two as part of Randy & The Gypsys). Of those three, 1990’s “Love You Honey” scored the best rank, topping out at No. 16.

Janet Jackson – 27 charted titles on the Hot 100, including 10 No. 1s.

(Note: A 10th Jackson sibling, Brandon Jackson, was stillborn in 1957. The Jacksons also have a half-sister, Joh'Vonnie, born to Joe Jackson and Cheryl Terrell in 1974.)

Of course, the Jacksons also made music history working together. The Jackson 5 -- a lineup consisting of Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon, Michael and Tito -- scored Hot 100 No. 1s with their first four releases on Motown: “I Want You Back,” “ABC,” “The Love You Save” and “I’ll Be There.”

After a break with the label, the group shifted to Epic Records and was renamed The Jacksons (with Randy replacing Jermaine). The new quintet racked up three more Hot 100 top 10s between 1977 and 1984.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...rd-charts-tito

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MichaelD For This Useful Post:

Billyjeanplxiv (06-05-2016),BudzMJJ (06-06-2016),ChickenMcNuggets (06-05-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Jackies real name is Sigmund?!?!??! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT!?!?! I knew every other members real names (Rebbie, Randy ect) But I did not know that one. Seriously, why Jackie??? How did they get that from Sigmund!??!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^ Jackie's full real name is Sigmund Esco Jackson. Relatives nicknamed him "Jackson Boy" and either Joseph or Katherine shortened it to "Jackie".
    I was a king under your control...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TroubleMan84 For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (06-08-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Now we need to get Joh'Vonnie a hit.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Surprised Jermaine ain't tried to make stars out of his children. Jaffar and Jermajesty definitely are people who deserved to be on stage. *rolling eyes*
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    ^ Jaffar did lend his name to a brand of cakes, so he's obviously not been entirely unproductive.