Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: John Branca Wants a History Documentary

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    They were gonna do a full medical in London, apparently.
    Correct. The first 23 concerts had been provisionally insured by Lloyds of London who refused to insure the rest pending completion of a full medical.

I think it was Conrad Murray who had done the "medical" evaluation aka questions.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (04-27-2018),toomuch (04-29-2018),TroubleMan84 (05-01-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I imagine had he made it to the London physical, the tour would have ended there instead of June 25th (AEG would need to find a new insurer, and I doubt they would be able to find one that wouldn't see the glaring issues with MJ). Who knows what happens from there.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vega For This Useful Post:

POF (04-28-2018),SmoothGangsta (04-27-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    I imagine had he made it to the London physical, the tour would have ended there instead of June 25th (AEG would need to find a new insurer, and I doubt they would be able to find one that wouldn't see the glaring issues with MJ). Who knows what happens from there.
    Definitely agree. MJ would not have been allowed to continue. Nobody would ensure him once it was revealed his condition. Especially how he was mentally. It's a shame. It was a perfect storm.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

POF (04-28-2018),TroubleMan84 (05-01-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Music & Me
    But its things like this that make me wonder what the end game was from the off because if Ortega and co were saying that he was a basket case and all those around him could see that he was doped up to the eyeballs and nowhere near what was needed to put on that kind of performance then why did they keep on pushing forward even with the knowledge that the real medical would have to be satisfied before anything happened and the chances of that happening were slim. See what I'm saying?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to toomuch For This Useful Post:

TroubleMan84 (05-01-2018)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I was wondering why Michael was having trouble singing starting with the second half of the Bad tour?

I do recall that he held pics of him with cigarettes during that era. Frank Cascio claimed he and MJ smoked weed a few times...

Guessing post-Jehovah's Witness, MJ was making up for lost time? I know when he was in the religion, he wouldn't dare touch it and would wince at you if you asked him to smoke a joint with him.
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    But its things like this that make me wonder what the end game was from the off because if Ortega and co were saying that he was a basket case and all those around him could see that he was doped up to the eyeballs and nowhere near what was needed to put on that kind of performance then why did they keep on pushing forward even with the knowledge that the real medical would have to be satisfied before anything happened and the chances of that happening were slim. See what I'm saying?
    I honestly think they were all put in a position in which they just had to carry on. The shows were already happening and it certainly wasn't in their power to just stop them. AEG wasn't exactly going to just grind things to halt either.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    I mean, Kenny Ortega was just the lead choreographer and did pretty much the extent of what he could do in that capacity. Ortega tried to sound alarm bells, they just were ignored by AEG. Short of tossing Mike over his shoulder and kidnapping him, there wasn't much he (or anyone else involved in the daily production of the show) could do. I mean, most of the people there everyday were the touring stage musicians, dancers, light/fx folks, etc. none of whom were really in a position to be actively questioning the guy in charge's health or possible drug abuse.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    I mean, Kenny Ortega was just the lead choreographer and did pretty much the extent of what he could do in that capacity. Ortega tried to sound alarm bells, they just were ignored by AEG. Short of tossing Mike over his shoulder and kidnapping him, there wasn't much he (or anyone else involved in the daily production of the show) could do. I mean, most of the people there everyday were the touring stage musicians, dancers, light/fx folks, etc. none of whom were really in a position to be actively questioning the guy in charge's health or possible drug abuse.
    Wasn't Thome Thome the guy who held all strings?