Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Arnold Klein, Michael Jackson's friend and dermatologist, dies at 70

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible

Dr. Arnold Klein, Michael Jackson's friend and dermatologist, dies at 70

(CNN)óDr. Arnold Klein, a longtime friend of Michael Jackson who was the musician's dermatologist for more than 25 years, died Thursday. He was 70.

Klein died of natural causes in Palm Springs, California, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department of Coroner.

Klein, whose clients also included Merv Griffin and Elizabeth Taylor, had an outsized role in Jackson's life. It was he who announced in 1993 that the singing star had vitiligo -- a disease that discolors the skin -- and he was outspoken in the wake of Jackson's death in June 2009, making the rounds of talk shows and addressing the singer's health.

Klein saw Jackson a few days before he died and said he was in a good mood, "dancing in the office," he told Larry King on CNN.

But, he later told the TV show "In Session," he also knew that the singer had a problem with propofol, the anesthetic blamed for Jackson's death.

"I knew this problem existed," Klein said in an interview. "I did my best to prevent it. Whenever I could, I prevented it, but I'm only one man, and I have to support my own life and take care of myself."

Klein was often in the public eye. Born in the Detroit area, he moved to Southern California in his 20s and opened a practice in Beverly Hills. According to a profile in Vanity Fair, he soon became known as the "King of Lips" for his expertise with collagen fillers.

He was accused of contributing to Jackson's medication problems but was cleared by federal agents. Jackson's former physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, served two years of a four-year sentence for causing Jackson's death.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/23/en...eat/index.html

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    You should be shocked by the hatred this man is receiving over at the MJJC forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Takin' Over! View Post
    You should be shocked by the hatred this man is receiving over at the MJJC forum.

I'm actually not. I'd be shocked if the consensus was actually rational.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Moon_Walk For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (10-26-2015),DingBat (10-24-2015),Killer Queen (10-24-2015),Nesboy43 (10-24-2015),PG13 (10-24-2015),SmoothGangsta (10-24-2015),Takin' Over! (10-24-2015),TroubleMan84 (10-24-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^Word, Moon!

Here, we didn't jump for joy or anything over Sneddon's death. Just noted it, death is always sad for family and friends left behind and moved on.

We'll do the same with Arnold Klein whose death was also sad as were his last few years whatever the truth of his involvement with Michael was.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (10-24-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    People who jumped for joy when Sneddon died, that's when you know some folks were in over their heads. Arnold Klein receiving that same type of hatred is really stupid. Without Klein, would MJ have finally disclosed his skin disorder? Probably not (note MJ didn't say the disease on Oprah, Klein had to reveal it).
    I was a king under your control...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TroubleMan84 For This Useful Post:

DingBat (10-24-2015),Takin' Over! (10-24-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Why would anyone put the energy into hating Arnold Klein when George Bush is still alive?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (10-24-2015),MJHHInvincible (10-24-2015),Takin' Over! (10-24-2015),TroubleMan84 (10-24-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    They talk about Robin Williams in a similar way too.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

Nesboy43 (10-24-2015),SmoothGangsta (10-24-2015),TroubleMan84 (10-24-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^ I heard about that. Like you have got to be one evil f**k if you hate Robin Williams!

--- Merged Posts ---

Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Why would anyone put the energy into hating Arnold Klein when George Bush is still alive?
    Hate to be prejudiced towards those stans but maybe they're Dubya/George Bush supporters.

But seriously yeah that's just weird. I remember being on KOP and people were holding death counts for Katt Williams. Like that was his opinion, as harsh and ugly as it was, but really to wish him dead? It wasn't like he killed MJ... and MJ was alive and kicking when Katt went on his rant. Just seemed weird...and disgusting.
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Was this the man who is rumored to be Prince's father as well?

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    And Ian Duncan Smith!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (10-26-2015)