Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Off The Wall re-release (UPDATE: confirmed for February '16)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Dang Sony and the estate must be very butthurt to be constantly taking these videos down. Just announce the dang thing already!

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    They apparently told MJ Beats in their cease and desist e-mail that the media "wasn't yet finalized".

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^But MJ Beats didn't even take a screenshot of it, did they? A c&d doesn't necessarily mean it's in the works.

If it does happen, again there's no reason for me to buy unless there's something very substantially new. A free copy one way or another in that case.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

sweetlovers1224 (08-07-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^I would believe that if it wasn't for the fact that the video was pulled from every website one can think of.

There has also been no official statement from the Estate confirming nor denying an Off the Wall reissue. They were quick to shut down the Bieber duet as "unauthorized" after it leaked prematurely. They were even right on top of criticism over the Wembley VHS for Bad25.

All signs point to the concept that this video wasn't supposed to be seen by the community just yet.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory

2015 Off The Wall re-release?

I expected nothing less, as I said in previous threads on here, the Estate will stop at no ends to try and make Michael contemporary.

Just give me an option with untouched demos.

I have to say it warms the heart to see so many others also against modern remixes. A vast change from the "hype" of the Xscape announcement.

Also this should be no surprise to anyone as the Spike Lee film has been known for months now.

We already have disc 2 of the Dangerous SE anyways, OTW is more deserving IMO.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nesboy43 For This Useful Post:

Crep20 (08-08-2015),SmoothGangsta (08-08-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Now, a Mexican fanclub claims to have the pride of officially announcing the reissue. The video is in the link for now, but even the spoof has been taken down by Sony/MJ Estate. Lol!

https://www.facebook.com/34788265536...message_bubble
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

What on Earth is going on here. Lol. I haven't seen the video that was put up yesterday, Ill have to try and find it.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^It was in the link I posted earlier on. The spoof video has also been taken down too. Lol.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Off The Wall 36 doesn't have a nice ring to it. Off The Wall 40 sounds better. But I am waiting for something from an official source. One of the MJ collectors pages on Facebook said about it like it is true and actually happening.
    It's a traaaap! - Admiral Ackbar

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Judging by the initial video (if legit), it sounds like the plan would be to call it Off The Wall 2015? Unless there was a '35' that I missed, obviously the video has vanished now.

If I was a betting man, I'd reckon it's still legit and happening. But I'm not...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

renstimpy1 (08-07-2015)