Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Off The Wall re-release (UPDATE: confirmed for February '16)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    An Off the Wall reissue is arguably the easiest possible project the estate will ever have to put together, particularly if it's set up in the same way as the video implies. The original album, some new music/demos and a Spike Lee joint. Is it really possible to screw this up?

The Wembley concert notwithstanding, Bad25 was honestly a very well put together project. Take the blueprint from that, heighten the positives and fix the negatives.

Put the entire project in the hands of a good mastering engineer. Give us some more excellent packaging as with Bad25. Some great new songs from the late '70s. And at the very least a decent Spike documentary (which is highly likely if Bad25 is any indicator).

I'm hesitant but I'm excited to see how this pans out.

As far as the video itself is concerned, I'm rocking back and forth. It very easily could have leaked early a la the Behind the Mask video, and it looks extremely polished. But then again, there are some enterprising fraudsters with good resources online - who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by BudzMJJ View Post
    I just saw that very same advert and came here to ask about it too lol. If it is real, I am not too happy about the "reimagined tracks" as we all know how pointless and annoying that is.
    Reimagined takes on classic songs seems to be the norm in popular culture.

There's a new Elvis album coming out in October that puts his vocals over orchestral music and stitches together posthumous "duets" with Michael Buble and II Volo. Same situation - the only differences here are the styles of music and the number of revised songs (a handful for Michael compared to an entire album for Elvis).

I do agree that it's a pointless endeavor and I largely prefer new material entirely, but hey - Xscape has proven that enjoyment can be found. I'll give them a chance.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (08-05-2015),sweetlovers1224 (08-06-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    If this is real I doubt it will be mastered well. If you enjoy brickwalling then yeah, maybe.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Stop calling it a fan project you lot, let me suspend disbelief at least until the Estate says it's bollocks... I wanna get excited about a major MJ release this year.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Richard LeCocq said sometime last week that news is coming "soon".

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrinvincible View Post
    We already got the WDAN Demo Released with DSTYGE. Sunset Driver is already on the Ultimate Collection Album anyway.
    I hope we get Unheard Demo's.
    It was saecastic, you know
    "and the reason... is because there is nothing."

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJHHInvincible For This Useful Post:

alexbism (08-06-2015),Mrinvincible (08-05-2015),sweetlovers1224 (08-06-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Spike Lee doc will happen no doubt about that, but I'm not so sure about this OTW Reissue, if they release it I hope some demos and unreleased stuff/songs and not brickwalling or soundwar!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Still the King For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (08-05-2015),sweetlovers1224 (08-06-2015),Takin' Over! (10-19-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    We haven't had our MJ release yet this year, have we? (I can't recall when Xscape was released, only heard it twice I think. 2014?), so this could be the release. Definitely hope for something like Bad 25.
    "and the reason... is because there is nothing."

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    So I hear from a MJ fan friend of mine on another forum that it's apparently from Sony. Hopefully not a fan project then, but we'll wait and see.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (08-06-2015),Mrinvincible (08-05-2015),SmoothGangsta (08-05-2015),Still the King (08-05-2015),sweetlovers1224 (08-06-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    So I hear from a MJ fan friend of mine on another forum that it's apparently from Sony. Hopefully not a fan project then, but we'll wait and see.
    Let's hope. The video does look really professional.
    Girl I wanna groooooove