Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think the Future holds for the Michael Jackson Brand

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory

What Do You Think the Future holds for the Michael Jackson Brand

Quote Originally Posted by BudzMJJ View Post
    Moonwalker on Bluray isn't really a proper remaster. It is basically just upscaled and loses some of the picture around the edges. But even with that you get a much better viewing experience than on DVD.

They should put out a couple of MJ bluray sets. One containing all the short films, remastered of course, the second featuring the MJ films, Moonwalker, Making of Thriller, Ghosts and Captain EO all cleaned up and remastered. I would buy that. Obviously both would feature tons of extras like NEW behind the scenes footage and of course the 1993 version of Ghosts =D
    Its not an upscale, its a new transfer, it is slightly stretched though. The existing DVD transfers were not that great.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesboy43 View Post
    Personally I love owning my favorite films and shows in the best quality possible. So many films I have watched from DVD to Bluray and have noticed tons of things I have never seen before. Really adds a whole lot and lets you see these things as they were shot.

MJ stuff is still mostly around VHS quality IMO. Films are still brilliant and are very watchable, but I want to see those given the all star treatment. They certainly were called short films for a reason. Watch Moonwalker on Bluray and you will understand, looks stunning and you get to appreciate MJs artistry even more with such a clear picture.
    I have Moonwalker on Blu-Ray and it doesn't do anything for me when I've seen it a million times since 1989. And it is also stupidly edited as well which grates.

Anything would need to have bonus features. Extensive ones. Moonwalker was the same price as Blu-Ray with extras which meant it wasn't value for money.

Without extras, there's no reason to really buy. And they certainly will not put extras on when there's easy money to be made from folks who'd buy them just for pic or sound even though they already have them.

Not all of them are short films. TDCAU is really a music video - one isn't particularly original and the other has awful effects. YANA is a music video. SOOML, DSTYGE and RWY too. And so on.

I'm done with rehashes whether it's by the Estate or fans regurgitating the same stories, etc. A lot of extras is gonna be required otherwise I won't be buying.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I have to agree that bonus features would be a necessity. There is tons of B Roll footage for these things. Furthermore, interviews with cast and crew would be great. Like I said, I would love the all star treatment for this stuff like it deserves.

Furthermore, I want to see a lot of stuff that was taken out of This Is It. There is tons of footage there and I would love to have more of it and in mostly unedited form too.

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I have Moonwalker on Blu-Ray and it doesn't do anything for me when I've seen it a million times since 1989. And it is also stupidly edited as well which grates.
    Just hold onto your VHS' for all films than Gary, seems that video quality doesn't make a difference for you. You can save money and be perfectly happy.
    Last edited by Nesboy43; 07-20-2015 at 07:21 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesboy43 For This Useful Post:

renstimpy1 (07-20-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^ Yep, he can save lots of money by selling his CD of Thriller too and just getting a copy of this:
    8-Track-Michael-Jackson-Thriller.jpg
    The quality doesn't matter right??
    I kid, I kid

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    ^ Don't tease him people, he's still recovering from the trauma of being made to sell his 5,329 coloured Invincible copies.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (07-20-2015),Nesboy43 (07-20-2015),renstimpy1 (07-20-2015),SmoothGangsta (07-20-2015),Thoth (08-17-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesboy43 View Post
    I have to agree that bonus features would be a necessity. There is tons of B Roll footage for these things. Furthermore, interviews with cast and crew would be great. Like I said, I would love the all star treatment for this stuff like it deserves.

Furthermore, I want to see a lot of stuff that was taken out of This Is It. There is tons of footage there and I would love to have more of it and in mostly unedited form too.
    Something I'll back one hundred percent. The recently leaked extended opening to the Way You Make Me Feel video shows that there's a plethora of stuff out there.

I wouldn't be opposed to video editors piecing together "alternate versions" of certain videos with different takes. The Bad video for instance - the secondary ending and the unheard Wesley Snipes dialogue ("What, y'all gonna dance us to death? You gotta be kidding me").

And as noted in another post, I'm still pining to see Dangerous and Stranger in Moscow, the latter of which apparently has a real stunning live vocal performance.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    ^ Don't tease him people, he's still recovering from the trauma of being made to sell his 5,329 coloured Invincible copies.
    Actually, I made a profit on that guff. Aye, helped pay for this house.

Dangerous? There's no video like many have claimed over the years. That's strictly rumour which claimed Lynch directed it - he didn't.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Ok, firstly, 8 track rules! =D lol. Secondly, the Moonwalker Blu-ray is crap. Picture is barely better than the DVD, is missing the edges on all sides and is edited for literally no valid reason at all. As also mentioned, the lack of any extras was also a big let down. I never even bothered buying it. I got lent it and decided I would (optimistically) wait for a better release........ I guess that could be a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Moonwalker Bluray also got a new cover. The DVD before that also had a new cover.

There's nothing wrong with the original one! Yes, there was also another re - release - Moonwalker with its original cover.

So, excuse me if I'm not stupid enough to shell out for a nicer picture or audio for another re-release if it happens again. Bottomline is content is the king and that means EXTRAS as in footage. Jerry Kramer got a Grammy for the Making of, I think.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (07-22-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I have several copies of Moonwalker on DVD thanx to then releasing it with that crappy different sleeve first. But I only paid a quid for the real sleeve copy, which is still sealed so not that fussed. I also have 3 of the other sleeve cos people keep giving them to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!