Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think the Future holds for the Michael Jackson Brand

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Flying cars and stuff.
    ROTF! I can just hear it now;- "As you all know, Michael Jackson was always at the forefront of innovation, and now, 200 years after his death, he is more innovative than ever before. The Michael Jackson Estate and Sony Motors are proud to present, The Ultimate Michael Jackson driving experience The Moonwalk hoover car!"
    Last edited by BudzMJJ; 07-10-2015 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

Billyjeanplxiv (07-08-2015)

LOL ^ I could see it now.

"It looks like its flying forwards, when its actually going backwards"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Billyjeanplxiv For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (07-10-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyVercetti View Post
    They should just keep quiet until they announce Dangerous 25 next year... if that happens. Only this time, please no more remixes, the ones on Bad 25 were awful! A bonus disc of outtakes and demos, that would be enough. Obviously include a DVD. They should leave the posthumous albums for a while, there is stuff they could release on DVD/Blu-ray too. Seriously, there is not much stuff of Mike's on DVD when compared to other artists.
    His short films have been released and re-released too often:

Dangerous The Short Films
    HIStory Video Greatest Hits
    HIStory On Film Vol II
    Moonwalker
    Number Ones
    Vision
    Visionary

And that's not counting Making Of Thriller or Thriller 25!

No way am I going to buy any of these just cos they stick them on a blu-ray or re-release them yet again.

The only thing it hasn't been overkill on that other artists release is concert releases. Aside from HIStory's Asian only release of the Seoul concert, the multiple night edited "Bucharest" show was the only one he released twice. Bad Wembley is the only posthumous one, but the Estate shouldn't flood the market by putting out another Dangerous one or that HIStory tour 3D one anytime soon.

Fortunately, a lot of stuff is on YT for free. And I've seen a lot over the years before YT, so re-releases won't cut it for me. Blu Ray is no damn reason to spend money on it either - I've seen it all! Lol!

Dangerous 25 and a HIStory 20 both seem like silly ideas to me. I can understand it for Thriller and Bad because both really were colossal in their time. I remember Bad especially was everywhere whereas you had to look for Dangerous and HIStory. Bad is the last great album the public also loved which is why a 25th made sense for it. Dangerous 25 will do worse and I wouldn't expect Sony to do anything for it the way they did for Bad. Especially when they're still slowly crawling their way back to profit thanks to the PS4.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^ for me and many others Blu-ray would absolutely be a reason to buy a release. The absolute lack of HD footage of Michael Jackson is astounding! For someone who is considered to be the biggest artist that ever lived, the video quality that his short films and concert releases are presented in are piss poor. I re-buy movies whenever I see a blu-ray release, so I would consider myself to be a "videophile".

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to renstimpy1 For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (07-10-2015),javik (07-09-2015),michaeljojacksonfan (07-13-2015),Nesboy43 (07-11-2015),SmoothGangsta (07-09-2015)

If MJ had a Bluray Release I would buy it. To me, the visual quality matters just as much as audio quality.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billyjeanplxiv For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (07-10-2015),javik (07-10-2015),Nesboy43 (07-11-2015),renstimpy1 (07-10-2015),SmoothGangsta (07-10-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by renstimpy1 View Post
    ^^ for me and many others Blu-ray would absolutely be a reason to buy a release. The absolute lack of HD footage of Michael Jackson is astounding! For someone who is considered to be the biggest artist that ever lived, the video quality that his short films and concert releases are presented in are piss poor. I re-buy movies whenever I see a blu-ray release, so I would consider myself to be a "videophile".
    Visionary is supposed to be piss poor, but Dangerous and HIStory On Film aren't piss poor. Again, his concert releases would be the anomaly.

But unless there's new bonus material, it's throwing good money after bad just for picture quality. After a quarter of a century of being a fan, I'm really at the point where only new unreleased material is going to interest me. Likewise for all the muppets writing so called academic ****, it has to be original with new info or I won't buy. There has to be something pretty substantial in terms of content, but most fans are settling for way less or focusing on one thing to justify paying full whack when in this day and age you get more bang for your buck on other releases in addition to picture quality.

Have to consider the whole product. Moonwalker is in bluray, but it's also needlessly edited. Aye, I've seen the thing countless times that bluray adds nothing to my experience. That re-release needed extras - REAL extras. Lol
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

TommyVercetti (07-10-2015)

What would you constitute as extras? Behind the Scenes? Making of Thriller? Making ofs?

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^Behind the scenes would be one. Unreleased photos printed on photo card to go inside the box. Do what Warner did for Enter The Dragon. There's plenty of material to use.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Behind the scenes and studio footage is a must for future releases. We know it exists, so stop keeping in the vaults and let us see it

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Visionary is supposed to be piss poor, but Dangerous and HIStory On Film aren't piss poor. Again, his concert releases would be the anomaly.
    Dangerous and HIStory on film were good quality for their day. But now, in the age of HD, they are standard DVD definition and that is just not good enough. As stated, the picture quality is as important as the sound, especially when it comes to Michael Jackson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (07-10-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory

What Do You Think the Future holds for the Michael Jackson Brand

The picture quality for the stuff is ****, plain and simple. Hell, just watch the Bad 25 Documentary and notice how the outtakes from the Bad video compares to the actual video quality. It's a joke.

Completely different experience. Sound and audio quality are both incredibly important and we have no need to watch the same bad transfers when we know better versions exist.

So many things in videos like Who Is It that are just too blurry to see.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nesboy43 For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (07-12-2015),renstimpy1 (07-12-2015)