Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think the Future holds for the Michael Jackson Brand

I do want to hear Men in Black, but I expect to be disappointed in what I hear because of hype. Does anyone have any information on the song?

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyjeanplxiv View Post
    I do want to hear Men in Black, but I expect to be disappointed in what I hear because of hype. Does anyone have any information on the song?
    Not a lot is known other than it was recorded for Dangerous and was scheduled to be released on a shelved Greatest Hits collection in the early 90s.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlovers1224 View Post
    Not a lot is known other than it was recorded for Dangerous and was scheduled to be released on a shelved Greatest Hits collection in the early 90s.
    I guarantee you it'll just be an average track, have no idea why this on is so overhyped. People grab certain titles and latch onto them. Personally I'm more excited for Buffalo Bill.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesboy43 For This Useful Post:

SmoothGangsta (07-03-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I've learned to ween myself off of hyping titles we've never heard. What is extravagant to some may be dull/uninteresting to others.

I'm not expecting anything spectacular with Men in Black, solely because it's a Bryan Loren collaboration. They've made some great music (She Got It, Superfly Sister) but nothing jaw dropping. As for "Buffalo Bill," I'm intrigued only due to what Matt Forger, Bill Bottrell and Bruce Swedien have painted it out to be.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Nesboy43 (07-03-2015),Quench (07-05-2015)

Bryan Loren Collabs were kinda dull. They were lacking in beats I think, and the drums had to be reworked.

"Who shot Buffalo Bill..."

that's all I remember.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    In the video interview of Michael at Hayvenhurst he talks about Buffalo Bill and says it's going to be a big hit.

That and the other collaborators praise for it leads me to believe it is probably one of Michael's best unreleased songs.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Man In Black is like an uptempo The Man MJ did with Macca, according to Adrian Grant back in 1990/91. MJ played him the song.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

sweetlovers1224 (07-05-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    ^^Meh, I have always felt that was a bad description of the song tbh, based on what I can remember of it. Upbeat for sure, but more Bad era sounding than The Man. I hope we do get it soon, it has been far too long. But, people need to stop getting o hype for songs. It is pointless building yourself up for something you have heard literally nothing off, as it will always end up disappointing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^ Was it played at one of the seminars? Is that how you guys have heard it?

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by renstimpy1 View Post
    ^^ Was it played at one of the seminars? Is that how you guys have heard it?
    I have no idea, not actually been to one =( I heard about a minute or so of it years ago at a fan party (I have told this story too many times).
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!