Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The World Issues Thread

The World Issues Thread

Planet Earth isn't a very used section, and it describes charities and world issues. So I figured, why not make a topic where we can rant, rave and complain about all the issues we see in the world. Be serious, have light humor, and just go to town.

If you've seen Seinfeld's Festivus Episode, the topic description would be the "Airing of Grievances."

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Male genital mutilation is a violation against basic human rights, yet it's practiced routinely in many countries. This is a sickening, primitive and peadophilic crime and it needs do stop. This is the precise reason why I think parents should not have as many rights as they do with their own children.

There's something contentious to start your thread with.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Billyjeanplxiv (02-02-2015),BudzMJJ (07-10-2015),ChickenMcNuggets (06-15-2015),Danileevan (04-24-2017),javik (05-26-2015),SmoothGangsta (02-02-2015)

That's a good topic starter. circumcision may be unobjectable because it can be apart of a "religious" ceremony.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyjeanplxiv View Post
    That's a good topic starter. circumcision may be unobjectable because it can be apart of a "religious" ceremony.
    I find that to be even more objectionable.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

BudzMJJ (07-10-2015),ChickenMcNuggets (06-15-2015),javik (05-26-2015),SmoothGangsta (02-03-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    This thread died a horrible death. May as well post my opinion. I personally agree with Dingbat I disagree with Circumcision greatly. I think it's wrong. And the fact it's mandatory to be a part of some religions is horrible. I think if a lot of parents actually were more informed and didn't think it was just a "snip" they'd think twice about having it done to their children. A lot of men get it done to their children so that they look like them as they've had it done. That frustrates me as the child should be allowed to grow old enough and be well enough informed to make their own decision. I'd actually prefer it to be banned entirely tbh. Doctors should also be properly informing parents about what effects having it done could entail. I'm glad in the UK doctors generally discourage having this procedure performed.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (06-15-2015),Danileevan (04-24-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^ My son had it have it done when he was 3 years old, for medical reasons. He found the whole experience to be quite traumatic (as did I, and his dad) and the physical healing process took around 6-8 weeks. I would never even THINK about putting a small child through a procedure like that, if it was not a MEDICAL necessity.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killer Queen For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (06-15-2015),Danileevan (04-24-2017),SmoothGangsta (06-15-2015)

What does everyone think about the Confederate Flag and how US citizens are reacting to this 150+ year old flag.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^ get over it. Let's get rid of every reminder of anyone or anything that ever supported slavery. Let's start with the democrats lol.
    Last edited by javik; 07-10-2015 at 08:15 AM.

If you flip the tables, Republicans and Democrats were different then than now.

A Democrat then would have been more like a Republican today and vice versa.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I had to be circumcised around the age of 9/10 due to bicycle related accident (I'll give the guys here a minute to get over those feels)...................... And yeah, I would not wish it upon anyone. It's good in the long run, better growth, easier to keep clean and so on. But the pain at the time, and the awkwardness of the healing process. It is ****ing barbaric that it is legal to do this to babies in the western world, yet we go ****ing ballistic over female genital mutilation in African countries. No wonder most the world hate the US and UK. We are so ****ing hypercritical its beyond a joke!

--- Merged Posts ---

Also, it's just a ****ing flag. Like, who cares!? All flags have at some point been used in marches of evil and ****, so why get so pissy about this one? Yeah, it offends some people, so what? The American flag offends half the ****ing world, but I doubt that **** will be going anywhere any time soon. It's just a meaningless sheet anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

Danileevan (04-24-2017)