View Poll Results: Which album most closely respects Michael's vision?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael

7 29.17%
  • Xscape

17 70.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XSCAPE or MICHAEL?

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrinvincible View Post
    Michael album all the way as Xscape got boring quicker. Not only that, but the tracks are more weak imo. And I love the 3 fake Cascio tracks on the Michael album though If ya don't, then fair enough.
    Pretty much this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BadSmoothCriminal50 For This Useful Post:

Mrinvincible (12-26-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    The new mixes on the Michael album actually felt just like an OK attempt to finish Michael's songs. They didn't succeed, but I could see what they were trying to do.

The new mixes on Xscape were the producers just making brand new music with Michael's vocals.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nesboy43 For This Useful Post:

khaled (01-14-2015),LiberianBoy82 (02-06-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    This one is pretty tough. I went for Xscape but already want to change my vote. Both had producers come in a totally **** with the sound and feel of the original songs. Obviously this has been done to more of an extreme on Xscape. But tracks like Hollywood Tonight and Another Day were also totally ruined and lost their direction. Agree with McNuggets on BTM too =D Love that song so much! At least with Xscape we got the original versions as well, but in some ways that was worse as we then had something to compare with, and the originals beat out the feux ones everyctime (LNFSG not withstanding).
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Neither. Both albums are ultimately boring and awful at keeping your attention long term. Each has one or two tracks that are pretty good and going somewhere.

Xscape - LNFSG

Michael - BTM & BOJ.

That's really it.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteFunk (05-17-2016),TroubleMan84 (01-15-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    ^ John McClain pwns! (as a producer, anyway)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^He just has the knack for music from that era anyway. Those are the more enjoyable songs while the more current sounding ones are simply boring claptrap.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (01-06-2015),SmoothGangsta (01-08-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I find Xscape much more enjoyable to listen to. The new version of A Place With No Name was probably my most played track last year, title track is a jam too. I like Michael but it feels a bit dull now looking back since the release of Xscape. Behind The Mask is brilliant & Best of Joy is lush but I find Another Day, I Like The Way & HT a bit underwhelming now. It would've been great to have the originals too. Less said about the fake tracks the better.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to deniro_ For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (01-16-2015)