Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    HOLY ****ING ****!!!

Prince and Warner Bros. Records Unveil New Partnership (@3RDEYEGIRL)

RJ FROMETA on 18 April, 2014 at 13:06

April 18th, 2014 (Minneapolis, MN) – Prince and Warner Bros. Records today announced a new agreement that will see the release of long-awaited, previously unheard music, while giving the artist ownership of the master recordings of his classic, global hits. At the same time, the deal extends Prince’s relationship with Warner Bros. Records, through an exclusive global licensing partnership that covers every album released from 1978 into the nineties. The financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

For Prince fans worldwide, the new partnership will open a veritable goldmine. The surprise announcement comes just in time for this summer’s 30th Anniversary celebrations of the artist’s breakthrough album and film, Purple Rain, which were released in 1984. For the first time, Prince will be releasing a digitally re-mastered, deluxe version of this classic album. Other planned projects will follow.

Prince said, “A brand-new studio album is on the way and both Warner Bros. Records and Eye are quite pleased with the results of the negotiations and look forward to a fruitful working relationship.”

“Everyone at Warner Bros Records is delighted to be working with Prince once again: he is one of the world’s biggest stars and a truly unique talent” said Cameron Strang, Chairman & CEO, Warner Bros. Records. “We are also very excited about the release of new and re-mastered music from one of his greatest masterpieces.”
    - See more at: http://ventsmagazine.com/prince-and-....NWmVtRxw.dpuf

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Hot Cakes (04-21-2014),Moon_Walk (04-18-2014),MrBrightside (04-18-2014),SoCav (05-13-2014),TroubleMan84 (04-23-2014)

This is gonna be a great year!! Been waiting for this news for years!! I'm freaking out!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBrightside For This Useful Post:

DingBat (04-19-2014)

This is great news! Looking forward to a Purple Rain deluxe version! Live concerts, in blu ray quality would be excellent though! We've only got Purple Rain the movie and Sign O The Times which was lip synced anyway.

So does that mean that we will get a new Prince album plus 3rdeyegirls Plectrum Electrum in the same year? Bring it on!

Anyone listened to The Breakdown yet?

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    That's great to hear. Prince's older albums are in serious need of remastering.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Cakes For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (04-21-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Walk View Post
    Anyone listened to The Breakdown yet?
    Its rather fantastic! But the mastering could have been a ****-ton better. Those cymbals are so compressed...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Billyjeanplxiv (04-21-2014),Moon_Walk (04-21-2014)

I listened to it, I liked it however I think its pretty forgettable.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Billyjeanplxiv For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (04-21-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Prince seemingly has come full circle, it seems, with the Warner deal. Hope it works out for him.
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I liked The Breakdown. No one can sing a falsetto like Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam2008 View Post
    I liked The Breakdown. No one can sing a falsetto like Prince.
    One of the main reasons Adore is one of my favorite Prince songs is because of that beautiful falsetto. It is great.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Moon_Walk For This Useful Post:

DingBat (04-23-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Pure optimism, but this is all I really want from this.

Prince - The Rebels Unreleased album
    Dirty Mind - Dirty Mind Tour DVD
    Controversy - The Second Coming Live album/ DVD
    1999 - Outtakes Disc (Feel U Up/ Irresistible Bitch/ Moonbeam Levels/ original 1999 with Latin break down and all singing)
    Purple Rain - All of the original length versions (Beautiful Ones, Take Me With You, Computer Blue) + Outtakes Disc (Electric Intercourse, Possessed, Nothing Compares 2 U) + First Avenue Concert
    Around The World In A Day - All 12" on a disc.
    Parade - Outtakes Disc (Others Here With Us) + Extended Versions & B-Sides Disc + Detroit Concert (Filmed on 35mm people!)
    Dream Factory & Camille - Crystal Ball Outtakes Disc
    Sign O The Times - Seriously, where do I start? I'd love an official release of ICNTTPOYM Main Mix 12" and Dorothy Parker 12", Adore 12 minuet version. + Sign O The Times Rotterdam DVD (originally filmed for the movie).
    The Black Album & Lovesexy - Lovesexy Tour Dortmund 88
    Batman - All of the original length versions (Electric Chair, Vicki Waiting, Batdance) + Rave Unto The Joy Fantastic
    Diamonds & Pearls - Original planned EP + Remix disc + Diamonds & Pearls London DVD
    Love Symbol Album - 3 Chains of Gold DVD
    Come - Original Acetate Version + Glam Slam Ulysses DVD

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (04-25-2014)