Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Prince

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Warner Bros. and NPG Records announced Friday that Prince4Ever, a collection of 40 of Prince's greatest hits, arrives Nov. 22 in the U.S. (the record will be available worldwide Nov. 25). The compilation, which includes classic tracks such as When Doves Cry, Kiss, Little Red Corvette, Purple Rain and Raspberry Beret, will also contain a previously unreleased track, Moonbeam Levels. The song was recorded in 1982 as part of the sessions for 1999. It will also include a 12-page booklet featuring never-seen-before photos shot by legendary photographer Herb Ritts.

Prince4Ever will be followed by a deluxe remaster of Purple Rain the original soundtrack to his 1984 film of the same name to be released in early 2017. That edition will be accompanied by a second album of previously unreleased material. The label says these plans were already underway and approved by Prince before he died April 21 from an accidental fentanyl overdose at age 57.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...rain/92514238/

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Has anybody listened to Moonbeam levels? Is it an 'untouched' version from the 1999 sessions?

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    Has anybody listened to Moonbeam levels? Is it an 'untouched' version from the 1999 sessions?
    Yes. In fact, it's the same file that was used on the Blast From The Past 2.0 bootleg that was released a couple of years ago.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

POF (12-06-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    So I finally watched the whole of Purple Rain (the film) at a Prince 60th celebration night the other day.

Why did no one urge me to watch it for the sight of a topless Apollonia clambering out of a lake?? FFS, disappointed in you all. And it's not quite as bad as Moonwalker, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    So I finally watched the whole of Purple Rain (the film) at a Prince 60th celebration night the other day.

Why did no one urge me to watch it for the sight of a topless Apollonia clambering out of a lake?? FFS, disappointed in you all. And it's not quite as bad as Moonwalker, lol.
    Wait until you see Graffiti Bridge... lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jaywonder For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (06-14-2018)