Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading?

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Berry Gordy's autobiography To Be Loved. What he accomplished with the Motown label is amazing, awesome book to read if you're interested in music.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Butterfly* For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (01-07-2013),MrBrightside (02-24-2014),sabe (01-07-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Messy - by Heather Cocks/ Jessica Morgan
    “Sometimes I feel like if you just watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you - sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever.” - Delirium, Lauren Oliver.

Took almost a year but I finally finished Jermaine's YANA (and liked it!!). So now I'm concentrating on Gilbert Grape which I've also been reading for 9 months.. normally it doesn't take me this long to finish a book lol I blame school for distracting me.

Next I'm thinking of the last part of The Hunger Games and The Hobbit, but we'll see how long it takes to get that far haha.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Striking Thoughts - Bruce Lee's Wisdom For Daily Living and Language Myths are two I'm reading right now.

Before Christmas, I read "Legends Of Kenpo: Rainer Schulte" by Michael Miller and "The Essence Of Martial Arts" by John Hennessy - not to mention "The Art Of Expressing The Human Body" and "Jeet Kune Do - Commentaries On The Martial Way" (both Bruce Lee books). About March/April last year, I read Tom Bleecker's "Unsettled Matters" about Bruce Lee's life which Chris Cadman told me about.

I also read The Art Of War by Sun Tzu - the one I have contains the Tao Te Ching too.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    I know what you mean about ''The Bell Jar''. I loved that book, I think that every modern woman can relate to the main character in some ways.

I just finished reading ''Michael Jackson Tapes''. I read the ''fan version'', the one without Schmuley's comments. I would like to read the comments as well and make my decision on them.
    I recommend you read the full version just so you can make your own decision on it. Keep exploring everything for yourself without letting anyone make you believe "this is what you HAVE to believe or agree with or you're not a real fan!" cos that's rubbish.

"Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    People are gonna boo and hiss at me for this because seemingly all MJ fans hate him, but I've recently been reading J. Randy Taraborrelli's biography of Diana Ross that I received for Christmas. An interesting read, at the very least...

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^ That's ancient, haha. Isn't it titled 'Call Her Miss Ross' or something? It's been so long. Didn't read it myself but I do remember seeing it in the library when it came out.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    ^ Oi... I like ancient stuff.

It's a newer version, An Unauthorised Biography. Our family seems to have ended up collecting all of JRT's celeb biographies in recent years, and I was curious about this one, so I asked for it, lol.

Philip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

The style of writing made it very hard for me to read on, and it messed with my dream once lol, but it was worth it. The movie "Blade Runner" is a clever adoption of this book IMO.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by the one. View Post
    Took almost a year but I finally finished Jermaine's YANA (and liked it!!). So now I'm concentrating on Gilbert Grape which I've also been reading for 9 months.. normally it doesn't take me this long to finish a book lol I blame school for distracting me.

Next I'm thinking of the last part of The Hunger Games and The Hobbit, but we'll see how long it takes to get that far haha.
    I got Jermaine's book for Christmas! Very curious to read it. Lots of mixed reviews about it on goodreads.

I just finished Easy by Tammara Webber! 5 stars!! Now reading Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
    “Sometimes I feel like if you just watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you - sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever.” - Delirium, Lauren Oliver.

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    *resurrects thread*

Because I was so in love with the book "The Kite Runner" I recently began to read his second book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and I love it so far