Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Spike Lee to Direct Documentary on Off the Wall

1. So this Docu is confirmed now? Sorry been busy and out of the loop lol.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^Yes, but don't expect anything spectacular as Spike is dropping the ball - again. I don't know why substandard docos and even bloggers who rehash crap are all being praised highly by a lot of fans.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

DingBat (06-22-2015),Moon_Walk (06-22-2015),SmoothGangsta (06-22-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    ^^^Yes, but don't expect anything spectacular as Spike is dropping the ball - again. I don't know why substandard docos and even bloggers who rehash crap are all being praised highly by a lot of fans.
    That's a statement I agree with and/ or understand, so I'm gonna like and propagate it!
    (Like, you know, the complete antithesis of Michael's philosophy on the media.)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DingBat For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (06-22-2015),PG13 (06-22-2015)

6. Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Thats Spike for you. I don't go into these things expecting to learn anything I didn't already know. Infact if I learn a little something at all then I'd be pleasantly suprised. All I can hope for is maybe some behind the scenes footage in the studio and hopefully a word or two from Quincy, Rod and Bruce. Please! No more hearing the celebs prattle on about how much Michael has influenced them... We get it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james283126 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (06-22-2015),Prince Of Pop (06-29-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Studio footage is mostly from Bad onwards. A little for Thriller - TGIM with Macca.

Let's not lower our standards! We should expect to learn new things - the full story has yet to be told! Negative on Q and Rod. Probably no Swedien too - otherwise he says the same things he has the last 30 years. His memory is not what it was.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

9. Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Studio footage is mostly from Bad onwards. A little for Thriller - TGIM with Macca.

Let's not lower our standards! We should expect to learn new things - the full story has yet to be told! Negative on Q and Rod. Probably no Swedien too - otherwise he says the same things he has the last 30 years. His memory is not what it was.
    I figured as much but i'm just hoping for a little something. I know Mike wasn't very camera friendly in studio so i'm not expecting much. To be honest the JGF footage caught me way off guard, as did the IJCSLY footage, had no idea such things existed before the docu. So i guess the footage is the only real draw for me, cause without that i really don't have much intrest in a rehashing of the same stories.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^He had a documentary filmed of the recording of Bad, I'd expect the most studio footage to be from that particular era.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    According to people at the HIStory sessions Michael rarely had camera crew there as well.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Dr. Freeze said that typically if anything was ever filmed it would be by someone like Brad Buxer or Michael Prince with a handheld cam.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^That is in the later years.

Some of the HIStory sessions were filmed and one example is the recording of Childhood. I wouldn't be surprised if Scream was filmed too, especially when he was at Flyte Tyme where Hoffman and co weren't needed.

Jerkins filmed a lot of his own sessions with MJ for Invincible.