Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Spike Lee to Direct Documentary on Off the Wall

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Joe Vogel has just been confirmed as interviewee for this doco.

Spike = dropping the ball. As usual.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post

Ah well, at least it presumably denies JRT another Captain-Obvious-talking-head gig. No news on whether they got to Louis Johnson in time?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

PG13 (06-08-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post

Spike = dropping the ball. As usual.
    At this point this is just what I expect from the Estate. Digging themselves a deeper hole in their own insanity. Hope one day we have someone who actually understands the importance of accuracy and honesty when talking about Michael's artistry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesboy43 For This Useful Post:

PG13 (06-08-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^They won't ever knock on my door, that's for sure.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    ^ We so need you to be the new Vogel. He can be the new mod here and make biting comments about your articles and 'talking head' bits in MJ documentaries.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

PG13 (06-08-2015)

Didn't Vogel get that story wrong about APOM - Streetwalker that Quincy clearly explained on the Bad special
    Edition discs?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moon_Walk For This Useful Post:

PG13 (06-08-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Walk View Post
    Didn't Vogel get that story wrong about APOM - Streetwalker that Quincy clearly explained on the Bad special
    Edition discs?
    Yesssssss!

And he's loved for it. I'm hated for posting facts like last week about Ghosts. Haha!

Gavin, could be arranged, but I fear Vogel will ask ye to toast him and then smear him in marmite!

P.S. Vogel is the brand name of brown bread. Lol.
    P.S.S. can't post pic on my phone.
    P.S.S.S. can't be arsed using laptop!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

Moon_Walk (06-10-2015)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I would love to give Vogel an honest chance to defend himself on here. Would be very interesting.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^And everywhere else. Those who tend not to like him or his writing are those who know lots - I'm not the only one. The other reason apart from his stating incorrect stories is him twisting information which showed he didn't actually do his own research.

I'm pretty sure he's aware of all this, btw. And it's more than one forum too.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    If there is more Questlove in this doco, I'll be happy. I quite like his analysis more than anything. His Shake Your Body analysis in one of the BBC documentaries was great imo.

But yeah, in terms of people that worked with Michael/family: the more candid, anecdotal stuff the better. There should be more Estate sanctioned doco's in my opinion. Especially while a lot of the people are still alive. F*ck the monetary value of any of these productions (likely a blip if even a success), it is the archival and historical importance more than anything that needs to be recorded and preserved. Hopefully Kathleen (or whoever the chick is that is the Estate archivist) knows what they are doing... so we can get some MJ footage (if it exists).

Also, I wonder how Questlove gets a hold of all this rarity! https://instagram.com/p/2-eA3CQa10/
    Last edited by javik; 06-10-2015 at 12:29 PM.