View Poll Results: Title

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

10 58.82%
  • No

7 41.18%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Michael have released Invincible in 1999 instead of 2001?

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Jerkins should have kept his mouth shut while the production of Invincible was going down. He was talking about how great everything was coming along, and then when the album comes out, I was highly disappointed with what I heard. Most of what I liked wasn't even Jerkins tracks. I think MJ could have done better then RJ.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Prince Of Pop For This Useful Post:

PG13 (11-16-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by krystikel View Post
    Gary knows his stuff, dude. The articles likely have quotes from Rodney in them so the information could very well be true. Instead of sounding like a total jerk by saying, "Yeah, you're the more reliable source here. No, you're not." why don't you try saying something like, "That's interesting information. Can you tell me more about those articles? What are the sources? Are they direct quotes from Jerkins or is it second hand information?" and so on. You may find new things that you've not heard about yet.

Stop being disrespectful to folks here. Stop baiting people with rude comments. Consider this an official warning. If needed, the next will come from me or another team member through the infractions system. *sigh*
    They all have interviews and quotes from Jerkins. As Prince of Pop said, Jerkins hugely hyped the album and talked about constantly which is interesting cos when anyone did that in the past and during Invincible before Jerkins their material never, ever made it onto the final albums. I actually met Jerkins on 6th Sept 2001 at Webster Hall and was very underwhelmed by him. I could not see the fuss with the guy.

As for the quotes, I did post half the entire lot in a thread on the old forum called All About Invincible. I had way more time back then to do that.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I think we can all agree though, we won't find a man with as much class as this guy

03998dce3970fa7.jpg

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I think we can all agree though, we won't find a man with as much class as this guy

03998dce3970fa7.jpg

http://static8.imagecollect.com/prev...3998dce3970fa7

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    ^^ LOL
    At least, I hope your kidding

--- Merged Posts ---

I would say "A delayed album is eventually good, a rushed album is bad forever" but considering the album that did come out wasn't very liked I guess that wouldn't work.
    Last edited by renstimpy1; 11-16-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Apparently Michael presented Sony with an album in 1999, but it was rejected. 'Escape' and 'Stop The War' were amongst the tracks proposed.

At least that's what I was told. From a credible source, I might add.

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Apparently Michael presented Sony with an album in 1999, but it was rejected. 'Escape' and 'Stop The War' were amongst the tracks proposed.

At least that's what I was told. From a credible source, I might add.
    6 tracks from those Sony actually raved about. One of those was actually Unbreakable and the other was YRMW. There's direct quotes from Mottola from the time or not long after.

But it's not a secret. Who's your source for this?
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    They all have interviews and quotes from Jerkins. As Prince of Pop said, Jerkins hugely hyped the album and talked about constantly which is interesting cos when anyone did that in the past and during Invincible before Jerkins their material never, ever made it onto the final albums. I actually met Jerkins on 6th Sept 2001 at Webster Hall and was very underwhelmed by him. I could not see the fuss with the guy.

As for the quotes, I did post half the entire lot in a thread on the old forum called All About Invincible. I had way more time back then to do that.
    please post the articles/quotes proving your point that darkchild was "backtracking" on his comments. i know you're saying you don't have a lot of time on your hands but if you're not gonna post them I don't have a reason to believe you. in a discussion you're supposed to back up your claims

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cakes View Post
    please post the articles/quotes proving your point that darkchild was "backtracking" on his comments. i know you're saying you don't have a lot of time on your hands but if you're not gonna post them I don't have a reason to believe you. in a discussion you're supposed to back up your claims
    Pot. Kettle. Black. Yep.

~ "Life should be harmony in this world of self-destruction..." - MJ ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to krystikel For This Useful Post:

DingBat (12-30-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Nice. You're telling me to stop "baiting" people with "rude comments" when that's exactly what you're doing right now. I just kindly asked PG13 to post the articles and quotes that back his claim that Darkchild was backtracking on his comments. In a discussion, people are supposed to back up the information they post with sources, which is what PG13 hasn't done. This isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black. I backed up all of the information I posted in this thread with sources (the evidence pointing to the fact Invincible was originally intended to be released in 1999 and Rodney Jerkins' interview with VIBE magazine). Meanwhile, PG13 hasn't posted any sources at all. I have no reason to believe what he says just because you told me "he knows his stuff". If there's no proof, then there's no proof.