Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, Motown 25 is released on DVD

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Finally, Motown 25 is released on DVD

Was greeted was some great news today. Motown 25, the full show plus unseen rehearsal footage has been released on DVD. Now while it appears to have no new MJ or Jackson footage added (gutted there is no rehearsal footage of them as we have audio snippets and would love to see), just having this show in good quality will be great.

Motown 25 Comes To DVD

Celebrate Motown with the history-making concert and over 14 hours of bonus features in a new deluxe box set, which features Michael’s complete Motown 25 performance on DVD for the first time!

Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever debuted on NBC on May 16, 1983, and became an immediate sensation. The highlight that caused the most talk was Michael Jackson’s world premiere of the moonwalk (aka six seconds that changed the world) but Motown 25 had an abundance of buzzworthy moments—reunions by the Miracles, the Supremes and The Jackson 5; the first battle of the bands between The Temptations and Four Tops; and the hottest comedian in the world at the time, Richard Pryor, as host.

Motown 25 Comes To DVD

SHARES
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on Twitter
    motown-25-rehearsal
    Celebrate Motown with the history-making concert and over 14 hours of bonus features in a new deluxe box set, which features Michael’s complete Motown 25 performance on DVD for the first time!

Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever debuted on NBC on May 16, 1983, and became an immediate sensation. The highlight that caused the most talk was Michael Jackson’s world premiere of the moonwalk (aka six seconds that changed the world) but Motown 25 had an abundance of buzzworthy moments—reunions by the Miracles, the Supremes and The Jackson 5; the first battle of the bands between The Temptations and Four Tops; and the hottest comedian in the world at the time, Richard Pryor, as host.

Whilst previously available on VHS, you can now own this once-in-a-lifetime concert with over 14 hours of bonus features! This 6-DVD set features an extended version of the Motown 25 concert, including 20 minutes not seen in the original broadcast and exclusive bonus features including:

Never-before-seen Marvin Gaye & Stevie Wonder rehearsal footage
    Roundtable discussions with Smokey Robinson, Otis Williams (The Temptations) and Duke Fakir (Four Tops)
    Over 25 exclusive interviews with key production members and performers
    And 9 newly-produced featurettes

You’ll also get your own copy of the Motown 25 program and an exclusive booklet filled with information about the show and artists, production materials, behind-the-scenes photos, and more. Plus, it all comes in a deluxe collector’s box.

Click here to order your copy today!

Source: TimeLife & MJWN http://www.mjworld.net/news/2014/08/...-comes-to-dvd/
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

austin128 (08-26-2014),sabe (08-28-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    There's 3 versions. 6 disc collector's edition on the website, 3 disc retail, and 1 disc retail.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nesboy43 For This Useful Post:

austin128 (08-27-2014),BudzMJJ (08-31-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I just want the actual show. None of the extras feature Michael so I really don't GAF
    How you gonna talk about the birds and the bees, when you met your own wife when she was only fourteen? Then you made one daughter; she (ah!) came to me. I took her to my Neverland Ranch to Hee-Hee!

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I love it!! And i love all of motown not just MJ and the J5 so i will be buying the 6 disc set
    AND YES..HISTORY CONTINUES!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funkkid For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (09-01-2014),Jam2008 (09-02-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    ^ That's the spirit!

Damn, what with this and the Donna Summer reissues, I'm not sure what I can afford for the rest of this year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

funkkid (09-07-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Oh I enjoy Motwon music a lot too, and the extra performances are a nice feature, but I am happy enough to download them. Michael is where I am at. I have only ever watched the full show twice as a lot of the acts on there make me cringe.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BudzMJJ For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (09-02-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    It was a great show overall. MJ was obviously the highlight but hey. Marvin Gaye was brilliant, as was the "battle" between The Temptations and The Four Tops. I really feel bad for Debarge though. Their performance wasn't bad, but it came right after MJ. lol. Whoever performed after him was DOA.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

BrownEyes (09-03-2014),BudzMJJ (09-03-2014),funkkid (09-07-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Jackson 5 reunion > Billie Jean moonwalk

#JustSaying

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

funkkid (09-07-2014),Jam2008 (09-02-2014),krystikel (09-03-2014),Nesboy43 (09-04-2014),PG13 (09-03-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Agreed. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched the B.J. performance. But I always make time for the J5 reunion.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (09-02-2014),krystikel (09-03-2014),Nesboy43 (09-04-2014),PG13 (09-03-2014)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    I'm with you two, lol. The 1983 performance looks pretty amateurish in comparison to later renditions.

The 1983 J5 medley though definitely trumps the 2001 reunion. The latter had a longer set list, but the former had a better atmosphere, if anyone can grasp what I'm saying.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

krystikel (09-04-2014),Nesboy43 (09-04-2014),PG13 (09-03-2014),renstimpy1 (09-03-2014)